Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

CED M2 Chronograph Review By Bryan Chatwell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Gold Member

Re: CED M2 Chronograph Review By Bryan Chatwell

well,
i thought i was having problems untill i read all these.
at least my cheap little chrony always works.
i did learn some things by reading this however.
#1 i had never thought or had someone say anything about muzzel brakes.
im going to move my unit further than the 10' ive been using.
#2 is the tripod. im going to try a heavier duty one.
ive been using the one i have been because its easy to crank up and down when setting up the unit.
my biggest complaint has been vastly different readings of the same load on different days.
ive tried putting a cardboard box on top of the unit to protect it from the sun.
i have noticed the box move from the muzzel blast.
that should have tipped me off. ill try that again from a longer spacing.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
well,
i thought i was having problems untill i read all these.
at least my cheap little chrony always works.
i did learn some things by reading this however.
#1 i had never thought or had someone say anything about muzzel brakes.
im going to move my unit further than the 10' ive been using.
#2 is the tripod. im going to try a heavier duty one.
ive been using the one i have been because its easy to crank up and down when setting up the unit.
my biggest complaint has been vastly different readings of the same load on different days.
ive tried putting a cardboard box on top of the unit to protect it from the sun.
i have noticed the box move from the muzzel blast.
that should have tipped me off. ill try that again from a longer spacing.
HUUUUUUUUM
Well just as I was getting ready to hit the purchase button, Ding went the bell and said read some reviews. Had a Oehler some time back but sold it when I quit Trap shootin. Know that I am going broke on long range guns and reloading myself a new Oehler gonna get the wife on my back. Gave her my 22-250 cause it don't kick and sweet talking I could maybe possibly hopefully but not for sure be back on her better side. Yall wish me luck cause $575.00 + shipping an she seen it before I could hit the buy it know tab.
Geno22

Last edited by Geno22; 03-05-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Silver Member

Watch Gunbroker and yes even ebay. I have seen several Oehlers on there over the years. Many are like new. I picked one up a few years ago for $400, used 3 times and in a hard side case, and had enough difusers for 3 complete sets of screens. Some people say they aren't worth the money but I have to be shown. I would sooner pay a little more and get something that works. I have never had mine refuse to work. Oehler still provides service for them also. If you call Oehler they are most helpful.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:18 PM
Silver Member

Mr Chatwell. Thanks for the write up on this chrony. I need one and am shopping around. I too am a Firefighter//EMT-I in San Diego and just started my long range shooting addiction.....

If your ever in SD, stop by MCRD Station 1-9 MCRD Ill grill you up some steaks if you let me pick your brain for knowledge.....Be safe.

Dave
Old 08-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Gold Member

Wanted some reviews on the CED M2.I see am not the only one having trouble with mine. Two sensors replaced, and main unit will be sent in this coming Monday for the second time. Piece of junk.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Gold Member

ine that i swore by just took a crap also. When i bought mine i puchased the extra infrad red thinking thats the word to be able to shoot at low light never did get it to work. Although i thought it was great easy to set up i could never get my drop charts to work with my edge, finding out it was giving me the wrong vel. My buddy also got one and his was still under warranty and they did nothing about taking care of an issue. He would send it back stating problem they would send back saying its okey. I would never buy another one.
Mike
Old 08-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Bronze Member

You know i bought two crony and killed both! I will not buy another.
My dealing with crony was fruitless.
You can get fps on line with input of load (powder and gr. Bullet barrel lenght etc.) this is pretty accurate.