Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

Brass Cleaning Using Stainless Tumbling Media System-Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 01:58 AM

Re: Brass Cleaning Using Stainless Tumbling Media System-Review

I like a lot of things about the Stainless Tumbling Media method. For one, it saves many hours of work at the reloading bench. For example, I no longer have to waste lots of time cleaning the primer pocket. And the brass is like new - inside and outside - after only 3 - 4 hours of tumbling.

Where does one get brass media?

tainless Tumbling Media

You write: "they were using brass instead of stainless as the media and the brass coming out of it looked beter than new".

Were can one purchase brass media?
Old 12-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Bronze Member

I am using it in a Thumbler Model B tumbler after decapping..... Dash of dawn and a spoon full of lemishine and even the worst looking brass comes out looking like new....

I use the RCBS media separator filled with water to separate the media from the brass when processing smaller calibers.... Quick and easy.....
Old 12-08-2011, 12:06 AM

Great article! I am currently looking for a tumbling system and I think I'll follow your advice and buy this system and media. Thanks for sharing...
Old 12-10-2011, 03:34 AM
Official LRH Spponsor

If you guys use hide10 for a discount code. You get $10.00 off your order at www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com
Old 12-17-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovgd View Post
Were can one purchase brass media?

+++++1
Old 12-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughCut View Post
+++++1
Stainless Steel Reloading Supplies | Tumblers, Seperators, Media & More!
Old 03-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Silver Member

I tried the media with 1 teaspoon of lemi shine available at target, walmart and various stores. You can get a free sample online. I also added 1 tablespoon of dawn soap and filled the container 3/4 full. I used a horzonal tumbler available at Harbor Freight. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW WITHIN 1 HOUR CARBON REMOVED AND BRASS CLEAN READY TO LOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM MOST SATISFIED NOW i DON'T HAVE TO CLEAN OUT PRIMER POCKETS WITH CORN COB MEDIA. AND NO CARBON TO DEAL WITH.

i HAVE THE SONIC CLEANER AND HAVE USED IT, THE WALNUT MEDIA AND CORNCOB MEDIA FOR VIBRATORY BRASS CLEANER AND POLISHERS. NOTHING COMPARES TO THE SS MEDIA WITH A HORIZONTAL TUMBLER. REUSABLE MEDIA AND LESS CARBON MAKES ME HAPPY.

WORKS FOR ME
ODAVID
Focus your attention on the obstacles you have over came in your life. The question is did you overcome these obstacles all by yourself??? If you think you did (“self made man”) you are wrong and your obstacles will grow stronger and will be repeatedly repeated until you realize just how truly feeble you really are. Give credit to your Creator and ask for his guidance in overcoming future obstacles. .-RD ORR