Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

The thread is closed

Barnes's Tests Prove Why Berger Hunting VLDs Are So Successful By Eric Stecker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 04:42 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Barnes's Tests Prove Why Berger Hunting VLDs Are So Successful By Eric Stecker

To Everyone,

It is very important for everyone to understand that the point of my starting this thread was not to create a "Chevy vs. Ford" debate. I was responding directly to claims made in an article Barnes published on their website which stated technical specifics that were incorrect and assumptions or opinions with which I strongly disagree. At no time did I suggest that hunters should not use Barnes if that is the type of performance with which they feel most comfortable.

Barnes is an option for those who want a bullet that does what a Barnes bullet does. Their bullets work very well for its designed purpose (high weight retention, deep penetration). For those who want to use a bullet that performs differently (penetration then fragmentation) you have the option of the Berger. Both brands make good bullets that work for hunters all over the world.

I am concerned that this thread will continue to serve as an us vs. them debate. If all hunters were to chime in there will be highlights and failures for both brands for reasons both within and outside of each brands control. Since it was not my intent to start this type of argument I will be asking Len to lock this thread from further posts.

Please understand that I very much appreciate the reports of successes with Bergers and we are paying close attention to the reports of failures. I'd be surprised if Barnes doesn't feel the same way regarding such reports from hunters using their bullets.

After my original post, Barnes rewrote (or expanded upon) the original article to explain why they made their original statements. As far as I'm concerned the situation is resolved. I'm not suggesting that hunters do not debate over brands or specific products performance but I believe this is not the thread for the endless continuation of that debate as this was not its purpose.

Regards,
Eric Stecker
Berger Bullets

Berger Bullets
The thread is closed