Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Product Reviews - Discussion

Atlas Bipod Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Atlas Bipod Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmetalman View Post
I would appreciate hearing the pros and cons or comparison of the 2 models that Atlas offers. I have a McMillan A3 Sporter Lightweight stock for my new build .300 Win Mag. on a M700 LA. Good sound practical Information on this site has brought me this far.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.
Actually, there is only 1 model...available in 3 mounting options. I've been using the BT10-LW17 for the QD mount as I have multiple platforms. This was and additional feature that worked perfect for me. I also use the BT-15 mount as it has an integral Flush Cup style recess.

As was mention there are optional leg extensions available giving added flexibility but there are 3 other options NOT mentioned that are due credit. 3 optional feet designs that can also be purchased. The Spikes feet, Cleat feet and Ski feet. They can be swapped out quickly via a push on the stainless steel plunger ball.

While these do come with a price far north of the beloved Harris but, for the discerning end user whether it be Military, LEO, Hunter of Enthusiast these are the pinnacle of bipod design and craftsmanship.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Bronze Member

I want to thank all of you for your tips and suggestions. My new build will be largely the the result of information that I have gleaned from LRH. My eyes hurt some evenings because there is so much good sound information in the forums and I just can't put it down. Also thanks to Len for taking his personal time to help me.
I ordered the Atlas Bipod - BT10-LW1, 4 inch rail and the 3" leg extensions from Len today.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 PM

Hi Joel,

Thank you for the kind words and I'm glad you like the Atlas. I remain impressed with your stock work and if I steal the one you made for our mutual friend, I'll suggest he gets another from you!

Hi Tim, thanks for the heads up to this thread and you are correct in your post. It was good seeing you and thanks again for your business and yes, I cashed your check!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:04 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Hi Joel,

Thank you for the kind words and I'm glad you like the Atlas. I remain impressed with your stock work and if I steal the one you made for our mutual friend, I'll suggest he gets another from you!

Hi Tim, thanks for the heads up to this thread and you are correct in your post. It was good seeing you and thanks again for your business and yes, I cashed your check!
For those of you who do not know Kasey, he is the owner of B&T Industries, who manufacturers the Atlas bipod. His customer service is unparalleled as is his commitment to manufacturing the finest engineered products available to our discipline. Thanks for all you do Kacey!

"Character is who you are when nobody is watching"
Old 05-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmetalman View Post
I want to thank all of you for your tips and suggestions. My new build will be largely the the result of information that I have gleaned from LRH. My eyes hurt some evenings because there is so much good sound information in the forums and I just can't put it down. Also thanks to Len for taking his personal time to help me.
I ordered the Atlas Bipod - BT10-LW1, 4 inch rail and the 3" leg extensions from Len today.
Final note. Order placed with LRH on Wednesday afternoon. It was delivered to my home in AZ on Friday afternoon. Incredible customer service!! The Atlas Bipod is more than I had expected.
Thank you again to Joel, Len, Kasey and everyone else for your comments and input. I would not have made this purchase without all of the first hand knowledge.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:52 PM

I am considering buying this Bipod.My question is, can I use it while in a sitting position. I was wondering if you could buy extentions to use while hunting? Ed
05-23-2013 04:03 AM
Old 06-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsknives View Post
I am considering buying this Bipod.My question is, can I use it while in a sitting position. I was wondering if you could buy extentions to use while hunting? Ed
05-23-2013 04:03 AM
I believe they only offer 3" extensions for the current model.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt