Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Sheep Hunting

Sheep Hunting Techniques For Sheep Hunting

stone sheep cape

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 06:12 PM

stone sheep cape

sent my stone sheep in to the taxidermist for a problem the hair ralling out,, he informed me that i need a new cape,, does any know where i can get one ??
neck needs to be 26"
thanks ED
Old 08-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Gold Member

Re: stone sheep cape

I don't know if they have one but I ve had some friends buy capes off of Taxidermy For Sale. Might want to look at them. Hope it helps.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:01 PM

Re: stone sheep cape

Hi There,

A Stone Sheep cape is no cheap purchase. Do a search and try to get in touch with Frank Entsminger, last I knew he was in Tok Alaska.

I had done some business with him in the past and he is an excellent taxidermist and may know where to get a cape for your Stone or at least put you on the right track.

How old is the mount?
As far as the hair falling out, why is it falling out?

A bad tan or did your taxidermist not remove the horns and properly treat for insects. Is it a commercial tan or whats the story with the tan? Many times its bugs and they can infest any other mounts you have in your home. Have seen this more often then not. If so, you had better take care of the problem first or you will end up with a costly lesson on the replacement cape also.

Check around the horns to see if you find some small particles that may look like sand granules or something of the sorts. Some times you can see the little tiny shells of the small little devils.

Cheers!