Sheep Hunting Techniques For Sheep Hunting

Himalayan Tahr in NZ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Silver Member

Re: Himalayan Tahr in NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillettehunter View Post
Red Stag and Tahr are my focus. I usually try to do a big trip every 2-3 yrs. Have 2 this next year so that slows down the any extras that may show up. I'm just old enough and limited on time enough to need to hire a guide. If I was 20 yrs younger and had 2 weeks I would consider gathering the info and hunting without hiring a guide. My wife is doing a photography class in NZ. She asked if I wanted to come along and hunt. Hard to say no!! Love your mountains. Very rugged and picturesque. I believe that I'll have a great time. Take care Bruce
Sounds awesome!! Im sure you will have a great hunt. Id try and get Chamois aswell if you have the time/money. they make an awesome Alps combo with Tahr. look great mounted next to each other.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Himalayan Tahr in NZ

Great write up and stunning photography. Thank you. A Tahr/Red Stag hunt is on my list of things to do before my life is complete if at all possible. Hopefully in a year or two I'll be back in shape to attempt it at least once.