close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Sheep Hunting

Sheep Hunting Techniques For Sheep Hunting

Reply

The Gambler ram

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15  
Unread 12-24-2008, 01:18 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,375
Re: The Gambler ram

"Once the females get their hair pulled back out of their eyes, they are really deadly shots."

BB, you are truly an asset to this site!!

Jim, fantastic! You're lucky to go. An' they're lucky to have you! When my prayers are answered and I draw a tag or win big in Vegas, you're gettin' a call. The story made my evening.
Reply With Quote
  •   #16  
    Unread 12-24-2008, 03:30 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2001
    Location: Potomac River
    Posts: 5,071
    Re: The Gambler ram

    Her hair blowing around in her face was one of the things my daughter mentioned quite a few times while we were hunting this year. Apparently, it is very distracting when you are trying to concentrate on the shot. I don't have enough hair to blow around so I don't really know.

    I am thinking hard about coming to Utah next season to hunt deer and elk. GG has been helping me decipher the regs. At the moment it appears my daughter will come with me. The Boulder Mountains and the Fremont River are some of my favorite places and I think she would like them . I wanted to hunt deer in the Henry Mountains where I shot the buffalo but GG says the draw odds are just impossible.
    I cannot remember enough to find my secret deer hunting place off Spanish Fork Canyon somewhere around Tucker using Google Earth. It was a guaranteed good spot to kill a medium to a large mule deer. That was a long time ago

    We might go to New Mexico. I have never hunted there and would like to see the country. We will just see how we draw out.
    __________________
    The Smokin Fur Rifle Club
    Reply With Quote

      #17  
    Unread 12-25-2008, 12:30 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: on the rifle range in Utah
    Posts: 2,704
    Re: The Gambler ram

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grit View Post
    "Once the females get their hair pulled back out of their eyes, they are really deadly shots."

    BB, you are truly an asset to this site!!

    Jim, fantastic! You're lucky to go. An' they're lucky to have you! When my prayers are answered and I draw a tag or win big in Vegas, you're gettin' a call. The story made my evening.
    I'm glad. I wish it was still 70 degrees in Vegas. I'd make a trip down there just to unthaw. Unfortunately, they got snow a few days ago!!
    __________________
    Find it
    Range it
    Click it
    Pull it
    Dump it

    If it's not far, it's boring.
    Reply With Quote
      #18  
    Unread 12-25-2008, 12:33 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: on the rifle range in Utah
    Posts: 2,704
    Re: The Gambler ram

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buffalobob View Post
    Her hair blowing around in her face was one of the things my daughter mentioned quite a few times while we were hunting this year. Apparently, it is very distracting when you are trying to concentrate on the shot. I don't have enough hair to blow around so I don't really know.

    I am thinking hard about coming to Utah next season to hunt deer and elk. GG has been helping me decipher the regs. At the moment it appears my daughter will come with me. The Boulder Mountains and the Fremont River are some of my favorite places and I think she would like them . I wanted to hunt deer in the Henry Mountains where I shot the buffalo but GG says the draw odds are just impossible.
    I cannot remember enough to find my secret deer hunting place off Spanish Fork Canyon somewhere around Tucker using Google Earth. It was a guaranteed good spot to kill a medium to a large mule deer. That was a long time ago

    We might go to New Mexico. I have never hunted there and would like to see the country. We will just see how we draw out.

    Yes, put in for as many states as you can. That is your best bet.

    btw, I just checked the odds a few days ago, and the chances of drawing this sheep tag in Vegas were better than drawing the Henry mountains deer tag!!!! WOW. There ain't no deer on the planet worth a nice ram tag but that's my unpopular opinion!
    __________________
    Find it
    Range it
    Click it
    Pull it
    Dump it

    If it's not far, it's boring.
    Reply With Quote
      #19  
    Unread 12-26-2008, 10:15 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2007
    Location: PUEBLO, CO, USA
    Posts: 1,126
    Re: The Gambler ram

    Great story and pics gg. You're the reason I come here.
    __________________
    svenska50@hotmail.com

    NRA Life Member
    Reply With Quote
      #20  
    Unread 12-28-2008, 12:23 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: on the rifle range in Utah
    Posts: 2,704
    Re: The Gambler ram

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by silvertip-co View Post
    Great story and pics gg. You're the reason I come here.
    Well thank you Silvertip-CO. That's just about the highest compliment a guy could receive!

    Have a happy new year.
    __________________
    Find it
    Range it
    Click it
    Pull it
    Dump it

    If it's not far, it's boring.
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes



    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC