Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Sheep Hunting

Sheep Hunting Techniques For Sheep Hunting

do it myself alberta sheep hunt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 11:50 AM

do it myself alberta sheep hunt

I am in the planning stages of a doit yourself sheep hunt in alberta. I am looking at the willmore in the rock lake area or cadomin area. I am hoping someone has some info that may be helpful to me or perhaps some tips on an area that may payoff. I do not have horses, but am willing to rent or hire them as a means to get into an area. I am having a hard time swallowing the price tag attached to a guided bighorn sheep hunt here in alberta, any help or info would be great. Thanks

Old 11-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Silver Member

Re: do it myself alberta sheep hunt

Might be an idea to get a packer to pack you into the area of your choice, I think that there are a few outfits that will pack you into area like the Willmore and drop you off, and pickup you up at a later predetermined date.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:45 PM

well first of all if you aren't a resident you are required to be taken by a guide, and buy a non-resident licence from an outfitter of alberta. which is very pricey if you are a resident however the wilmor i have heard has some great sheep hunting, the cadomon mines could be very difficult for you because it is on a draw and it takes quiet a few years to draw out on that. and the guided hunts their are probably out of this world expensive. But there is no doubt it has some of the best sheep in the province. Hope this helps you somewhat sorry if any of this puts a kink in your plans.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Gold Member

The Cadomin draw is a random draw, no priority points on that one. Too bad.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Bronze Member

if you are a resident you can buy a general tag and hunt 438 in the general season.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Platinum Member

Cadomin is apperantly a pain. The sheep seem to know where the Mine boundry is and keep to it. No first hand experience there but had a good freind that did. There are good numbers there and horse access.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Bronze Member

3 were downed open morning, and apperantly a 200 plus at mystery lake the 2nd day. They are there, just like almost every wmu that has a decent population, they have there hidey holes even off the mines. Put on the miles, you will find them. Glass,glass then glass some more.