Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Swap A Hunt

Wyoming Thorofare Elk Hunt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Wyoming Thorofare Elk Hunt

well then you probably know my grandfather john leroux he has the box H ranch just past grass creek. i usually hunt on his place up on raspberry. this year I shot a cow on little grass on public. hopefully we both draw this year. if not it looks like we very well may have an opportunity for a cool general hunt. keep me posted!

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 04-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Platinum Member

Yes, I know him. Spotted a big 7x7 400 class bull on his place last time I drew the tag. Went to his house and offered him a nice reward to let me shoot him. He declined. He has some outstanding country to hunt. I would not trespass on his land even for the bull of a lifetime. Got a nice 6x6 on public further up the creek. I will send you a message and we can get something worked out. Now to hunt Mr. Leroux's place and your big whitetails I will trade.....

Hunted some big whitetails last year up your way on Dr. Gilmans place out of Worland. Very nice guy and he has some nice deer.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Platinum Member

haha yeah im definetley very fortunate to have a lot of acess up that way. I have a couple little whitetail honey holes around so maybe we can both benefit a little! talk to you soon.

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 05-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Gold Member

LTLR,

If i'm not mistaken, I can still buy a preferance point for the 12-13 season. Then I can hopefully get the 100% chance (unless it changes) for a tag next year. Would gladly pay the rent for the horse for such an opportunity. Elk is one of my dream hunts. Tags are pretty darn expensive though, and I think I need an adult tag for 12-13, I turn 18 11/11/11. Will see what I can do.

Coming to WY for the first time in October (Columbus Day weekend) this year to hunt antelope and mule deer out of Newcastle, WY. Let me know if you happen to be hunting or passing through the area!

Oliver
Old 05-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Platinum Member

Prefference point July through September then you are good for the next year. For this year you make the youth tag but miss it by six weeks for next year. I hunt mostly in western Wyoming and don't get over to Newcastle very often. If you have a couple extra days and I am not out hunting somewhere come by and see me. I fill in some doe antelope hunts that time of year and the tags are over the counter and cheap if you don't shoot enough of them. Also one unit I hunt allows two bucks again with tags over the counter. So you could tag another.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Silver Member

LTLR
Sent a PM, I'm in if you have room for the 2012 season. How many day hunt would this pack in trip be? Would we need extra horses to pack elk or walk out? I better get in shape now, sounds great. Dan
Old 05-07-2011, 02:25 AM
Bronze Member

LTLR,

This sounds fantastic. I just moved to Greybull, WY last week and am excited to be here. I am a young man and this sounds like a great opportunity for someone who loves backcountry hunting like I do. I don't know how much interest you have gotten, but I am interested. I will keep in touch.

Nathan