Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Swap A Hunt


Reply

Need a BIG black bear?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Posts: 3,503
Need a BIG black bear?

To all,

I have a honey hole for very large black bears. You will see 10-20 and sometimes more bears per day and a very high percentage of them are males. Most of those are very large. Many are near or at the 7 foot mark. Some have pretty wide noggans also. If youre interested in bear hunting Alaska style, PM me. It will cost you a little more to hunt here than in other states but not much. What you will get in return is more than worth the time and money spent. The only catch is that you need to be in semi good condition. Some of the terrain is mountainous. It will be as easy or as hard as you want it to be. This area is a true long range hunters paradise. You can shoot a bear from 100 yards or 1500 yards or anything in between. As a bonus you will be able to observe some of the finest dall sheep in the world as well as moose and other critters. Trust me when I say this would be a once in a lifetime experience for most hunters. The hunt for best success would be in August. Mid August. All I ask is that you pay the transportation fees when youre here for me and you and when I vist your area, I will do the same for both of us of equal or lesser value.

In return, I am not picky. A nice whitetail, mule deer, antelope, elk opprotunity would be awesome. Not really interested in hogs or other vermin types.

Trust me gents, this hunt is heaven.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Please just answer one very simple question. Why would anyone shooting long range load a low BC , low SD 168 gr offering in a 300 win???????

My answer to this is. The only reason is to make the 7 RM look good. There is no other reason.

Jeff.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-11-2009, 05:53 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IOWA
Posts: 1,863
Re: Need a BIG black bear?

Michael,
I could swap a hunt with you for next year if you are interested in hunting whitetails in NE IOWA. We have big deer hear in Iowa, and NE area is well known for some big racked bucks. Best time to hunt them is Nov 1-15th here.
Hunting big mature whitetails is not a high percentage endeaver,however, but I can put you in a great area if your interested. This would be a bow hunt, as we are not allowed to hunt bucks with rifles in Iowa. If you want to hunt with a gun, it would be in Dec and with a shotgun.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Posts: 3,503
Re: Need a BIG black bear?

My other hobby is archery. Sounds fun! I have bowhunted coues whitetails but never eastern whitetails.

Do I have to draw a tag?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Please just answer one very simple question. Why would anyone shooting long range load a low BC , low SD 168 gr offering in a 300 win???????

My answer to this is. The only reason is to make the 7 RM look good. There is no other reason.

Jeff.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Elko, NV
Posts: 461
Re: Need a BIG black bear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Eichele View Post
To all,

I have a honey hole for very large black bears. You will see 10-20 and sometimes more bears per day and a very high percentage of them are males. Most of those are very large. Many are near or at the 7 foot mark. Some have pretty wide noggans also. If youre interested in bear hunting Alaska style, PM me. It will cost you a little more to hunt here than in other states but not much. What you will get in return is more than worth the time and money spent. The only catch is that you need to be in semi good condition. Some of the terrain is mountainous. It will be as easy or as hard as you want it to be. This area is a true long range hunters paradise. You can shoot a bear from 100 yards or 1500 yards or anything in between. As a bonus you will be able to observe some of the finest dall sheep in the world as well as moose and other critters. Trust me when I say this would be a once in a lifetime experience for most hunters. The hunt for best success would be in August. Mid August. All I ask is that you pay the transportation fees when youre here for me and you and when I vist your area, I will do the same for both of us of equal or lesser value.

In return, I am not picky. A nice whitetail, mule deer, antelope, elk opprotunity would be awesome. Not really interested in hogs or other vermin types.

Trust me gents, this hunt is heaven.

I'm up for this. I know some great mule deer and antelope spots in Nevada. Send me your phone number at wildcatbullets (at) gmail.com if you are interested.


Paul
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IOWA
Posts: 1,863
Re: Need a BIG black bear?

I will try and find out about drawing a tag on Monday, and will post you a PM.
JIM
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Apache Junction, Az
Posts: 134
Re: Need a BIG black bear?

Would you be interested in elk in Az?

We have OTC tags available. The state had been managing the wildlife so restrictively in the past, that they now have 'nuisance herds" that they need to reduce. They tried it last year and it was a great success for both the state and for many hunters. Many hunters that never were drawn were finally able to buy OTC and bag an elk.

Why do you want to wait until Aug to hunt bear? Many guides started in March around POW.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Posts: 3,503
Re: Need a BIG black bear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/C Guy View Post
Why do you want to wait until Aug to hunt bear? Many guides started in March around POW.
Because they are bigger in Aug and they hang out in the open hill sides in large quantities occupied with berries and NOTHING else on their minds such as hunters. IMO, Aug offers a better quality experience.

Guides are in it for the money. They will start as early in the year as possible and go as late into the year as possible. I am in it for the experience. Big bears in the spring over bait are not as easy as you might think. Big bears on an open hill side gorging on berries are very easy.

BTW, I am always interested in AZ elk. I am familiar with the hunts youre refering to. I have hunted elk there twice and helped friends several times. My problem with AZ is that I am very spoiled due to the experiences I have had there. I have had lots of encounters with very very nice bulls and bucks. I am not sure how dissapointed I would be on a depredation hunt. I will keep an open mind.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Please just answer one very simple question. Why would anyone shooting long range load a low BC , low SD 168 gr offering in a 300 win???????

My answer to this is. The only reason is to make the 7 RM look good. There is no other reason.

Jeff.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: Need a BIG black bear?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PA Black Bear Kevin Cram Trophy Photos 8 01-17-2013 10:24 PM
#2 Black bear. joseph Bear Hunting 2 11-30-2010 09:21 PM
SMK on big black bear? rufous Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics 4 11-17-2010 02:50 PM
black bear? Troutslayer Long Range Hunting & Shooting 9 12-21-2009 07:35 AM
Black Bear VTi Nature Photography 0 07-10-2007 08:52 PM

Current Poll
Are you on Facebook?
Yes - 46.79%
1,085 Vote
No - 19.23%
446 Votes
No, but I may join - 1.77%
41 Votes
No way, are you kidding? - 35.96%
834 Votes
Total Votes: 2,319
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC