Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Swap A Hunt

Alaska Caribou, WYO, COL for make an offer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Silver Member

Re: Alaska Caribou, WYO, COL for make an offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Time Long Ranger View Post
I was in a bad accident and will not be walking this hunting season. Maybe next year. Thanks for the replies.

How's that leg doing? Hope your making a full recovery.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Platinum Member

My leg has healed well and I am walking normally and hiking the mountains. Rough going for a while not knowing if I would have a leg.

The Alaska hunt is back on for next year. I have done this hunt for a lot of years and about have it worked to a science. We usually divide up all the costs between us and split it but when everyone seperates after the hunt it never works out. So for a swap this year I am just averaging the usual costs for airfare, car rental, gas, etc. and offering the hunt for a swap so you know exactly what it will cost. For $1600 I will provide everything including airfare from continental US except tags, about three meals going to and from hunt area, one night in motel before and after hunt which includes three excellent buffet meals costs $75 each, your personal stuff and backpack food. I think that is about as good a deal as you could get so what you got to offer. I can carry three hunters. It has always been 100% success on two caribou each.

Also if I can work out the logistics in time I am going moose/bear hunting from the 8th till the 21st of Sept. The rules are changing fast in Alaska and I don't know how much longer nonresidents can hunt without a guide. My best fly in areas are all resident only now. This hunt will be out of a 28' Bayliner Trophy sportfisher that can sleep 4 in a pinch. I am towing a 14' aluminum boat with motor to access camp and hunt from. My best spots are up to a 75 mile boat ride. If three hunters wanted to join me we could rent a zodiac or canoe and have two hunt from each small craft. Better in pairs in Alaska. This is extremely remote Alaska hunting and I doubt most bears have ever seen a bait or human. Sometimes so many come in they become a nuisance. Typical hunting for moose and bear is by boat covering as much shoreline as possible. I would offer this hunt for the same swap but need $1800 each since my costs are much higher with the boats. This is a trophy moose area and they must have 50" or greater spreads. Huge ones come out of this area every year.

So what you got to offer. I think this is a very reasonable offer on my end. If you can do a really good hunt cheaper please let me know because I want to go!

I am not a guide and am not offering a guided hunt for a fee. I am only averaging my costs so you will know exactly what the hunt will cost you for a swap.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Platinum Member

The moose/bear hunt is full up. I can take some caribou hunters with me the first week of September. It is a fantastic long range hunt.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:04 PM

Hey Long Time, PM me for a phone # please.