Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Waterfowl Hunting

Waterfowl Hunting Techniques For Duck and Goose Hunting

Need a new Semi Auto shotgun!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-07-2013, 02:52 AM
Bronze Member
Re: Need a new Semi Auto shotgun!

I have a SBE II that is a little over 8 years old. It has been put through absolute hell. Round count is around 10,000 rounds through it and has never let me down. I hunt salt marsh to the muddy snow geese fields as well. I shoot alot of 3.5'' shells as well. This gun fits me better than any of the others but that doesn't mean it will fit you the same. I would buy what fits me the best, I think all the major brands are probably pretty good guns just get what fits YOU.

I have only dealt with Benelli customer service once to order a new butt pad but they were great then and have never heard anything but great things from others.

Unread 11-06-2014, 10:25 AM

The shotguns you mentioned are all good ones , I have a Remington 1187 that has been my Number One for years without any problem , just take good care of and clean it after each use and you should be fine . I wish you a Wonderful Hunting Season .
Unread 09-29-2015, 09:25 AM

I shoot a Benelli the majority of the time and love it. Beretta are great too, especially if you're recoil sensitive. I personally would stay away from the Browning Maxus just due to the fact I have 2 hunting buddies that have had to send theirs back two and three times.
Unread 09-29-2015, 10:37 AM
Silver Member

Fit is everything as most shotguns are very good. I too will not go back to a 3.5 inch, you just dont need it. I have shot Benelli's Berretta's ( love the gun, hate the safety location) Winchesters, Brownings and many more as my family runs a gun shop. I just gave my Winchester Super X3 to my son. Very light weight and very low recoil. I saw him shoot it and he was hitting so well with it I just gave it to him for xmas. At the end of the day I went back and picked up the one autoloader that has served me so well over the years. Its not light, not fancy, doesnt shoot 3.5 inch rounds but arguably the finest autoloader ever made. The original Browning A5 12 gauge magnum. I got one beat up for $300 that I painted up and runs like a champ. That hump back is not for everyone and I have a A5 20 for upland so the weight isnt an issue. I love the hump backs and this one will be my go to shotgun for a while.