Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Waterfowl Hunting

Waterfowl Hunting Techniques For Duck and Goose Hunting

Need a new Semi Auto shotgun!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Need a new Semi Auto shotgun!

I have a Vinci and my son has a SBEii. I prefer the balance and fit of the Vinci. Both have performed without a hitch.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Silver Member

Just buy a 11-87 Waterfoul model. Then go to shotgunworld.com forms look up Remington 1100 11-87 Maintaince tips learn how to take care of it & you will have as good a gun as any Auto Made....... Just FYI a 1100 still holds the record for most shots fired without malfunction or parts breakage. You can Google it on Wikipedia. I have shot trap & skeet for 36 years & seen all kinds of guns & I will tell you they all break in time from usage but my Remington's Autos I use have no more problems than most & to tell you the truth better than most but I take care of my guns so they take care of me. #1 in buying a gun is how it fits you. Close your eyes shoulder it then open your eyes if the rib is flat & bead on top you have a winner.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100 Remington Man View Post
Just buy a 11-87 Waterfoul model. Then go to shotgunworld.com forms look up Remington 1100 11-87 Maintaince tips learn how to take care of it & you will have as good a gun as any Auto Made....... Just FYI a 1100 still holds the record for most shots fired without malfunction or parts breakage. You can Google it on Wikipedia. I have shot trap & skeet for 36 years & seen all kinds of guns & I will tell you they all break in time from usage but my Remington's Autos I use have no more problems than most & to tell you the truth better than most but I take care of my guns so they take care of me. #1 in buying a gun is how it fits you. Close your eyes shoulder it then open your eyes if the rib is flat & bead on top you have a winner.
Shotgunworld and I do not get along...but if I were to pick one shotgun to go with.. it would be the new super vinci...well...maybe a super black eagle II...or.. if you wanted a pump id go with a supernova...or if you wanted a tactical gun id say go with the M4... orrrr if you...

Well I think you get the point...
"...I shoot big cartridges, not because I am ego bound, not because they are needed to kill big game when well placed shots are made, but when an error is made, they will get you out of trouble more often then a lesser round."

--Kirby Allen
Old 02-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Silver Member

i live on the Texas cost me and allot of buds shoot SBE2 as long as you clean the blac k on the bolt it will never rust, and even if its rusty it will never jam i love mine.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Bronze Member

My money went to the Maxus. It's a great gun I really like the way it handles and swings. I'm very pleased with it but I have found 2 down falls that I dislike but they aren't that big of a deal they are probably really only my personal problem. #1 I hate the magazine shut off lever!!! I really wish they had a receiver without it. There have been numerous times where it has accidentally been flipped on while moving thru the brush or in the lay out blind and all of a sudden you have a really expensive single shot! Ducks and geese don't usually hangout for you to figure your **** out if you weren't on your game. #2 I would like to be able to put an extended tube on for when we are in South and North Dakota snow goose hunting it would be nice to have a few more shells in the tube when the birds really cooperate. Other than those two things great gun have shot probably 2500-3000 rounds thru it from trap shooting, duck, goose, grouse, pheasants basically anything and everything. Keep it clean and it will keep you happy.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:08 PM
Gold Member

I do all my Duck hunting with a Benelli M2 20ga..........Last year I killed a lot of Ducks and never once felt that I needed a 12 ga...............Some day I used ITX shot others just Kent Fast Steel..............and the M2 makes for a great upland gun to.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:53 AM

Well Ima throw my 2 sense in. I like the Remington Versamax. Not only is it reliable but easy to shoot. Its also nice in camo.