Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Waterfowl Hunting

Waterfowl Hunting Techniques For Duck and Goose Hunting

need help quick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Silver Member

need help quick

sry to post this here but going for a duck hunt this morning. for the opening. there is ownly teal out there and a few but not many mallards. l live in turkey so led shot is alowed. l was thinking of useing no 6 led? too small ??? your ideas. thanks
Old 11-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member

Re: need help quick

You should have no problem with lead 6s on either teal or mallards, provided you're not trying to knock them out of the air at 60 + yards. Used to do it all the time before we went to steel here, thats going back a ways.

Chris
Old 11-30-2012, 09:57 AM

I thought lead was illegal to use on waterfowl...? Are the laws/rules different where you live? In Oklahoma (and everywhere else I have lived for the past 20 years or so), we have had to use non-toxic shot.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Silver Member

6 shot lead should work fine for smaller ducks. 4 shot should work great for larger ducks and 2 shot should work great for geese.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaves View Post
l live in turkey so led shot is alowed. l was thinking of useing no 6 led? too small ??? your ideas. thanks
Sorry, but I missed the part about living in the country Turkey. Yes, what they said. In fact, I used to kill snow geese with #6 lead when it was legal in this country.

I lived in Turkey for a total of three years (was in US Air Force)...82-83, and 86-88. When I was stationed there, we used to hunt ducks at night. It was scary at first, but got used to it. I don't really know if it was legal, however the local nationals took me out all the time. Unless things have changed since then, their game and fish laws and limits are real liberal. I really enjoyed my time over there, though. Great people!

Hope you have a successful waterfowl season.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Silver Member

thanks gusy back from my hunting trip #6 federal GAME SHOCK heavy fieald load LEAD. wordker reall good for teal and mallards. use to use #4s because of the internet but came to realize thay were on about steel lead really works wonders on game.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Fowler View Post
Sorry, but I missed the part about living in the country Turkey. Yes, what they said. In fact, I used to kill snow geese with #6 lead when it was legal in this country.

I lived in Turkey for a total of three years (was in US Air Force)...82-83, and 86-88. When I was stationed there, we used to hunt ducks at night. It was scary at first, but got used to it. I don't really know if it was legal, however the local nationals took me out all the time. Unless things have changed since then, their game and fish laws and limits are real liberal. I really enjoyed my time over there, though. Great people!

Hope you have a successful waterfowl season.
you must be my dads age as l was born in 83 :=) you are allways welcome back to turkey we like americans and all people in this coutry. try out our İBEX hunts. and if you do. send me a private msg and l can come along with you to be your friend and your xtra guide. ( mums australian so wont have problems with english) :=)