Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Upland Bird Hunting

Upland Bird Hunting Techniques For Upland Bird Hunting

Chukar, bighorn, coyote & mule deer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Gold Member

Chukar, bighorn, coyote & mule deer

Took my good ol' Beretta 390 for a walk yesterday. Took two shots, downed one chukar. Ate him for dinner last night. Wanted to hunt more, but took a mis-step crossing a log and hurt my back something fierce. It was a long, slow painful walk back to the Jeep, but I enjoyed the day anyway.

While I was out I bumped into a decent mule deer buck at about 15 yards! Season was last week.

Also found a small herd of bighorn sheep, including one real trophy ram, at about 125 yards. Watched them for a while. That's a once-in-a-lifetime tag here in Washington, and I haven't been lucky enough to draw it yet.

And had a coyote hunt his way towards me, then I put a little sneak on and got to about 50 yards before he figured out something bad was about to happen. All I had was the shotgun and a .45 semi-auto. He didn't stick around long enough for me to shoot at 50 yards. It was fun watching him hunt his way closer to me for a while, starting at about 200 yards. Maybe I'll haul along my AR-15 next time I'm up there hunting chukar & huns.

Guy
Old 10-26-2013, 04:07 AM
PUBLISHER

Re: Chukar, bighorn, coyote & mule deer

Very nice day!