Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Bear Hunting

Bear Hunting Techniques For Bear Hunting

Wtb-- color (black) bear hunt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Wtb-- color (black) bear hunt

like''ommedia'' said Oregon. Im from eastern Oregon, and we see alot of color phased bears over here. Im a DIY guy myself because i live and hunt here. however Cornicopia Outfitters out of Halfway Oregon hunts most of the same ground i do, AND some that i cant get too w/o horses. you may want to give them a call.
Ive taken 2 ''red'' bears, 1 two tone kinda cinnimon colored bear, and if it were bigger id have taken a beautiful blonde bear with a reddish maroonish saddle color on his back. Ive only taken 1 all black so far. My buddies regularly see and harvest redish colored bears here too.
Depending on where you hunt and what kind of shape your in, many long range oppertunities present themselves. however, GETTING TO your quarry even though you can SEE it can present a real challange. The Snake River canyon is the DEEPEST canyon in North America. Choose your shots wisley! and bring a salt shaker and matches. Or a hellicopter if your pocketts are deep enough haha. Its some pretty mean country but chalked full of bruins if you can get to em. Good luck

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"