Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Bear Hunting

Bear Hunting Techniques For Bear Hunting

Pa black bear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Silver Member

Re: Pa black bear

Havent heard from the State college friend guess hes SOL. Heard from Fayette County Fred today. He went into the Laurel with his scope covers closed and his Leupold set on 12 power. Jumped a bear at 8 yards. Needless to say it was a cluster ****. I offered my guide service for next year hahahahah. Ive killed two and dont care to kill anymore unless its a Grizz. Anybody tagged out? Pics?
Old 11-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Bronze Member

Nope. Didn't see any after the first day. Still was a lot of hunters on the mountain though. A lot less shooting after Saturday too even though the numbers were not much lower plus there was snow on the ground. I cut a small track on Monday, didn't pursue.
My scope never comes off the lowest setting until I see what I want to shoot. Lesson learned for your friend I figure.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Bronze Member

We had two crews set up long range hunting with about a mile between us.Another long range crew set up between us a killed a 400 pounder going up the far side of one of the points we were watching on monday.It was heading our way.....And the oldtimer that shot a bear with my Long Range gun last year killed a 200 pounder in the hollow right below us first light sat.Just wasnt our year.....Things are looking REALLY good for Buck season tho....
Old 11-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Bronze Member

Where Were You Hunting At?
Old 11-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Bronze Member

SnowShoe area
Old 12-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharfo View Post
Havent heard from the State college friend guess hes SOL. Heard from Fayette County Fred today. He went into the Laurel with his scope covers closed and his Leupold set on 12 power. Jumped a bear at 8 yards. Needless to say it was a cluster ****. I offered my guide service for next year hahahahah. Ive killed two and dont care to kill anymore unless its a Grizz. Anybody tagged out? Pics?
RHARFO- my son is in PA and we would like to hunt bears next year.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Silver Member

I can point him in the right direction. Dunbar mountains from the town of Dunbar back to Ohiopyle. And behind the Summit Inn hotel off RT 40. Large tracts of state owned land open to the public.