Bear Hunting Techniques For Bear Hunting

Grizzly attack in Yellowstone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 03:51 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Grizzly attack in Yellowstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
Have you folks seen the story of the Idaho man arrested for killing a grizzly in his own yard. If you have any delusions that the anti's or general public cares who or what gets hurt by grizzlies follow the posts being left on news stories about this. USFW needs to be eliminated.
As far as the them being only in the Parks I'd buy a tag that said I could hunt them any where but the Parks. I don't know where in Washington you hail from jmden, but I know of one really good trail cam pic of a real bruiser at a stock pond just out of Deer Park, and TV news a few years back had good footage of a Deer Park back yard-swing set and all, with a grizzly present. Biologist in the Cascade finally caved and agreed Grizzlies live there.
Yeah, I just read it:

Idaho Man Faces Jail for Killing Grizzly Threatening Kids

Totally makes me sick! There are people who are just flat down stupid!!!!!!!

As the issued statement said:

he "not only had the right, but the obligation to protect his children and his family."

I believe that even God does not have any respect for any thing or anyone that won't protect his family. I would shoot any protected thing that is a threat to my family or any one else's family or just any other human being!!! That's final!

Anyone that tries to enforce Endangered Species Act laws against a human being for defending his family should be placed in jail for life time. That'd be the real danger to society!!!! Completely evil when you value animal life over human life!!!!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!

Last edited by Eaglet; 08-31-2011 at 05:10 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:06 AM
Silver Member

I keep saying that the next tree hugger that tries to tell me that Grizzlies are scarce and endangered gets to come the McGregor with me. I'm going to crank off one round into the ground and just leave the snivller there. A gunshot has become a dinner bell to the bears around there. I'll come back in 30 minutes or so and if he's still there get them to tell me how there are hardly any Grizz around anymore. They may not be walking around in downtown Vancouver but they sure as hell ain't scarce around here.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:08 PM
Gold Member

One statement in that Idaho story is true...the fact that they are even prosecuting under those circumstances -- regardless of whether he faces any actual punishment in the end -- is going to deter people from reporting self-defense shootings of bears. I don't know anyone who is going to actually wait until they have claw marks on them to pull the trigger, and if they are fortunate enough to survive unscathed, after reading this story there seems little to gain by trying to be the obedient citizen and reporting it.

One of my hunting partners had an encounter with a bear a good 60 miles east of the mountains last year, and a good 50-70 miles away from Glacier. This year, he sent me a photo of THREE grizzlies together in the same area. They're not just hiding in the wilderness anymore.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Platinum Member

Reading that article about the ID guy shooting the griz, if it's accurate, is pretty ridiculous. Here's another article that gives a bit more info, if accurate. I tend to include the 'if accurate' as I've had so many things I've been involved with get reported so incorrectly, my trust for the accuracy of the press in general is pretty low...that's all.

Grizzly Shooting Charges Elicit Outrage in Idaho | New West Editor | Travel & Outdoors | NewWest.Net

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl