Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Bear Hunting

Bear Hunting Techniques For Bear Hunting

fall bears in Arizona

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 07:46 PM

fall bears in Arizona

I just finished a bear hunt in Arizona with an outfitter that I wont mention. The guides worked hard but the outfitter seemed more interested in scouting other game than finding bears. Who is a good bear outfitter?
Old 08-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Platinum Member

Re: fall bears in Arizona

Id highly recomend a DIY Oregon blackbear hunt on the brakes of the Snake River but ONLY if your in shape. It offers you everything from close quarters combat bear hunting to cross canyon shots depending what your in the mood for.Bring a side arm and a mechette, and LOTS of water.
If your in great physical shape, I cant think of a better place to bear hunt DIY spot and stock. Saves lots of $$$$$ that way too!

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"

Last edited by winmag; 08-27-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Platinum Member

----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by bigbuck; 08-27-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Platinum Member

OTC (non resident)-
TAG= $182.50
LIC= $140.50
for a ttl of $323.00 for being legal, plus your personal travel/food. They have a Boat rental in Richland if you wanna be lazy and spot from the river (only works this time of year when the wild fruit is ripe). Dont know how much boat rental costs.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 08-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
OTC (non resident)-
TAG= $182.50
LIC= $140.50
for a ttl of $323.00 for being legal, plus your personal travel/food. They have a Boat rental in Richland if you wanna be lazy and spot from the river (only works this time of year when the wild fruit is ripe). Dont know how much boat rental costs.
thanks winmag i just viewed most of the licenses at oregons hunting regs site . boy your state rocks it looked like most everything including elk was OTC I think elk was $500.50 thats right their with colorado but i don't think that there bull is OTC not sure anyways . what kind of mule deer and elk do you have compared to colorado ??

Sorry to the original thread starter not trying to hijack but this has got me fired up

BigBuck
Old 08-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Platinum Member

winmag can you get 900-1200 yard shots on bear this time of year in the location that you have mentioned ? Sounds like a little bit of heaven.....

BigBuck
Old 08-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Silver Member

Rifle tags for bulls in this area are not OTC only spikes are OTC. The bulls in Northeast OR can get close to what they have in Colorado, but they are not as prevelant and the tags for those areas are very difficult to draw. Mule deer that are trophy quality I are lacking in OR. There are some but they few and far between. I can tell you the unit that most of those are in if you areinterested, just PM me I won't type it in open forum. Bear hunting in OR is awesome and the shot distances you are asking for are easily attainable if you are hunting canyons. For august and early september the difficulty is that they are hanging in the bottoms of those canyons and generally in brushy wooded areas (huckleberry patches right now).. NE Oregon is often overlooked for it's hunting but we have great animals here!