Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Elk Hunting

Elk Hunting Techniques For Elk Hunting

Wyoming Elk Draw Results

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Silver Member

Re: Wyoming Elk Draw Results

Maybe this season will be the charm for your party. Just be sure to practice plenty and not just from the bench so when opportunity knocks........bam!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Platinum Member

Freebore;Three preference point and still no draw! Legalized extortion worse than insurance companies.

what were your odds of drawing. the area i tried for last year had 1 in 78 chance for drawing. this year there weren't any tags given to non-residents in that area. it's rediculous to give them money every year and basically not have a chance of getting a tag.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Silver Member

Unfortunately sometimes we gotta make compromises in order to hunt and put some good memories behind us while we are still young. My favorite area is unit 9 in AZ. I drew an archery tag years ago, then after many more I drew a cow tag just to hunt in the unit. I picked up sheds that would make you weep openly! Talk about extortion, you have to have a non-refundable $140. hunting license just to put in to the draw! At 50 if I keep trying AZ I'll go broke and never hunt 9 with a rifle.

When I lived in AZ I used to hunt mulies in the Kaibab and think nothing of it. Now I live in NYC (I know, I know, don't say it!) and I'd give my right arm to go back but I don't have the patience (and years left) to collect the 15 points.

But in only my first try with 1 point and the special, I'll be hunting elk in western WY with Rob Wiley of Non-Typical Outfitters and I'm sure it will be lots of fun. I may not shoot a 400 class bull but at least I'll be in the game. And with 2 mulie points Rob and I will be chasing trophy mulies in 2010.

It's like with the chicks........I've never had a 10 but I've had five 2s!
Old 05-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Bronze Member

Yep,.. I pulled a tag.

I'll be headed out from Michigan in the beginning of October and staying the month. I took the whole month off. My huntin' partner is a resident in Green River and we'll be headed out to the Piney area to hook up with 3-4 others.

I'm really lookin' forward to getting around the ol' fire ring with some good friends once again. Fillin' the tag will be the icing on the cake.

Dang,.. I can't wait!

Terry Webster

Life Member NRA
RMEF Sponsoring Member
SCI Member
NAHC Life Member
NAFC Life Member
Thunder Bay Steelheaders
US Army - SGT. 1970-72 1st/327th -101st AB
Viet-Nam Veteran