Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Elk Hunting

Elk Hunting Techniques For Elk Hunting

Wyoming draw results. How did you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member

Wyoming draw results. How did you do?

The wyoming draw results are out! How did you guys do? I drew my general tag for elk and a late season cow tag for unit 7. My little brother also drew the late season cow tag in unit 7 (his very first big game hunt). He has to pass hunter safety though. ( he starts tonight). My Dad didnt draw a general tag though so i will be the only one hunting general unless my dad can find a extra cow tag.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755

Old 02-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Gold Member

Re: Wyoming draw results. How did you do?

Congrats, Riley that Bulls getting closer all the time.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick523 View Post
Congrats, Riley that Bulls getting closer all the time.
Thanks Rick, the unit we are going to hunt is the same unit as last year but last year it was any elk, this year it is bull only as of now. wyomingblizzard showed us around that area last year, great guy.

I should add that my Dad and I also got two antelope tags each for wyoming.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

Last edited by barnesuser28; 02-21-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Silver Member

Nice work Riley! Nice to see ND will be represented. My father and I were turn down for the first time this year. No elk meat for us unless we draw in ND. Oh well, maybe it's my year for a moose tag!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:43 PM
Gold Member

Hopefully my hunting partner and I get drawn for Mule Deer and antelope both this year we both had a couple of preference points so I think we have pretty good odds should be hunting area h for deer and unit 91 or 92 for goats.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Platinum Member

Our antelope were for unit 23, thats were i got my two last year and my dad got one and there were so many goats thats we easily saw 2000 head, but 99% were on private land, we plan to get down there earlier this year while they are still on public. All doe tags BTW

Jayson, i sure hope you get drawn for an elk in ND! One of my dads employees drew it this past season and shot a decent bull but not a monster.

I'm 16
~George Washington

~ JE Custom

Old 02-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Silver Member

Thanks buddy! I will shoot for left overs in July. I will pick up a couple of does and still make a trip out there.