Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Elk Hunting

Elk Hunting Techniques For Elk Hunting


Reply

Are wolves really the problem

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #57  
Old 08-26-2013, 04:10 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 106
Re: Are wolves really the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
Talking with a few friends of mine, they believe the wolf (wrong species to boot) was introduced and pushed by people that want to stop hunting all together. With all of the idiots we have running this country it is tough to argue with that.
Seems one guy here doesn't want to acknowledge the facts as they are and has his own agenda to push. Must be one of those enlightened ones that introduce the freaking wolf in the first place. Hard to believe he could be a hunter because I don't know a single hunter that thinks the wolf has been helpful in the least and only extremely detrimental.


you are hilarious, so someone who is a hunter can't have a discussion? hard to believe the wolf is still around with this much anger toward the wolf. if the ranchers on here piled up the wolf like they claim to pile up the elk when they try and eat the feed put out for cattle the wolf wouldn't be a problem. How many land owner tags do these ranchers get? I know a number of "hunters" that would like to be able to shoot elk whenever they want. I hope the day comes when wolf hunting is allowed in every state. Since poaching isnt a big deal and everyone has a problem with wolves, why not just start shooting them?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-26-2013, 06:27 AM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Terre Haute In.
Posts: 696
Re: Are wolves really the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrangehuntr View Post
you are hilarious, so someone who is a hunter can't have a discussion? hard to believe the wolf is still around with this much anger toward the wolf. if the ranchers on here piled up the wolf like they claim to pile up the elk when they try and eat the feed put out for cattle the wolf wouldn't be a problem. How many land owner tags do these ranchers get? I know a number of "hunters" that would like to be able to shoot elk whenever they want. I hope the day comes when wolf hunting is allowed in every state. Since poaching isnt a big deal and everyone has a problem with wolves, why not just start shooting them?
I couldn't take it any longer. This just shows your ignorance. First I don't live in the West I wish, but have gone out every year since 99, If a redneck from In. can see the decline, then the guys that live there sure as hell can. I don't think ranchers are stacking up elk like cord wood, (where did you get this from) and I do not know any true "hunters" that would like to shoot an elk whenever they want. Take a drive through Yellowstone sometime and tell me how many elk you see, I saw exactly 3 two years ago, down about 99% from 15 years ago. I think I was behind you in traffic awhile back your bumper sticker read something like "Hug a tree, kiss a wolf, harass every hunter you can." may not be a direct quote but it's close. Seriously though you don't have a clue! Oh and by the way I will be in Wy. in 2 weeks and pray I see a wolf, nothing like S,S,& S. Y'all have a nice day now ya hear....
__________________
Rick

Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 106
Re: Are wolves really the problem

Post #37, for the piles of elk. I know hunters every year that never draw tags. New Mexico finally got enough people together to change how many tags land owners were getting because they were turning around and selling the tags for top dollar to out of state residents. Residents should not go 10 years without drawing tags for antelope, elk, and the exotics, ibex and oryx.
just like a liberal to blame guns for violence. wolves im sure are killing a large portion of elk however there are a large number of other factors for low calf birth and survival.
im sure that was not my bumper sticker. by all means please shoot a few wolves for everyone on this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-26-2013, 08:26 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
Posts: 5,954
Re: Are wolves really the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick523 View Post
I couldn't take it any longer. This just shows your ignorance. First I don't live in the West I wish, but have gone out every year since 99, If a redneck from In. can see the decline, then the guys that live there sure as hell can. I don't think ranchers are stacking up elk like cord wood, (where did you get this from) and I do not know any true "hunters" that would like to shoot an elk whenever they want. Take a drive through Yellowstone sometime and tell me how many elk you see, I saw exactly 3 two years ago, down about 99% from 15 years ago. I think I was behind you in traffic awhile back your bumper sticker read something like "Hug a tree, kiss a wolf, harass every hunter you can." may not be a direct quote but it's close. Seriously though you don't have a clue! Oh and by the way I will be in Wy. in 2 weeks and pray I see a wolf, nothing like S,S,& S. Y'all have a nice day now ya hear....
I was actually thinking of getting a T-shirt and ball cap with a picture of wolf or wolf's head with SSS stamper over top of it. Maybe I can get a group buy? I would love to wear one downtown Bozeman for the benefit of the wolf lovin tree huggers.
__________________
- Mark

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 08-26-2013, 09:22 AM
RTK RTK is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Left coast, kalifornia
Posts: 330
Re: Are wolves really the problem

longrangehunter, if the wolf was not a major problem why would does Idaho now let you buy tags to shoot them when a few years ago they were protected and carried some ridicules $500,000 fine??? The DF&G also hunts them from helicopters now too. Ever Wonder Why?? Do you even know which species of wolf they introduced???
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 2,304
Re: Are wolves really the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
I was actually thinking of getting a T-shirt and ball cap with a picture of wolf or wolf's head with SSS stamper over top of it. Maybe I can get a group buy? I would love to wear one downtown Bozeman for the benefit of the wolf lovin tree huggers.
A group buy sounds good, a friend has a shirt with one in the crosshairs, and yes its a conversation starter.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
Posts: 5,954
Re: Are wolves really the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
A group buy sounds good, a friend has a shirt with one in the crosshairs, and yes its a conversation starter.
Maybe I'll have a pic of a lumberjack sawing down a tree in the background

Serious though, i am going to pursue this!!!
__________________
- Mark

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Current Poll
How Many Different Cartridges Do You Reload For?
ZERO, all factory ammo - 8.06%
360 Votes
1 - 2.77%
124 Votes
2 or 3 - 14.59%
652 Votes
4 or 5 - 20.41%
912 Votes
6 or 7 - 14.86%
664 Votes
8 or 9 - 8.64%
386 Votes
10 or more - 30.68%
1,371 Vote
Total Votes: 4,469
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC