Elk Hunting Techniques For Elk Hunting

Are wolves really the problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Are wolves really the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohunter14 View Post
I don't follow the math...so if a heard bull is killed, half his harem dies?
I don't follow it either.... If a heard bull is poached another bull takes his place... if a wolf pack is turned loose on them, the whole herd is gone...

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 08-23-2013, 11:28 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
I know Bill Galt and he is a great guy in my limited dealings with him. I gave him a bid for a hanger he wanted to build at the White Sulpher Springs Airport for hi helicopter and plane. The last I knew, he was leasing out elk rights to outfitters.

Once again you will note, that IF he was to use his helicopter, it would be for hazing elk away form his hay fields... NOT for rounding them up and driving them to a specific location.

I am not calling you a liberal, but I will tell you that your reasoning is in line with what liberals will say to deflect attention from the REALITY of what wolves are doing to our elk! I never said poaching doesn't exist... I did say it is less than trivial compared to the impact wolves are having. READ THIS CAREFULLY... one wolf pack will do more damage to elk populations in one year than ALL the poachers have done in the last 20 years in this state and there are dozens of wolf packs roaming this country and on their way to your country. DO YOU GET IT??? Do you understand? Wolves are by far the biggest problem we have concerning elk populations.

Your articles site maybe a couple hundred animals poached over the last 10-20 years. BIG FRIGGIN DEAL! THAT IS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT WOLVES ARE DOING!!! Poaching has been going on since there was game laws. Poaching was going on when the Northern Yellowstone elk herd was 19,000 strong. From the time wolves were introduced, that herd began a steady decline and poaching/Native Americans HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

You think you have a problem with poachers and Indians in Washington? Think again... wolves are coming your way and are already arriving and will continue to breed and multiply and YOUR RHETORIC will only aid the liberal bastards in their agenda to propagate the blood thirsty vermin. You will know the REAL problem soon enough.

here ya go....

Huckleberry Wolf Pack Pups - Washington State - YouTube

Right on the money!!!!!

We've had poachers, Indians, hunters and ranchers for generations and enjoyed excellent elk herds, within a few years of the wolf introduction the Yellowstone herd declined to a point they don't even count it anymore.

Several of the biggest ranches in my area have Biologist on staff to help manage the ranches for healthy elk and cattle both. Without the water ranchers have developed in the range lands there would not be near as many elk as there are now either!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 08-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
I don't follow it either.... If a heard bull is poached another bull takes his place... if a wolf pack is turned loose on them, the whole herd is gone...
Exactly...that is where I was a little lost.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Silver Member

Alrighty then, yall are right the wolves are the only thing that are causing the decline in the elk population and i will be sure to shoot as many as i can. If i shoot the female wolves it will decline the population that much faster. the only good wolf is a dead wolf.
I wanted to go wolf hunting way before i asked this question in this forum and enjoy hunting and will continue to do so.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Silver Member

I agree. Only good wolf is a dead wolf!!
Old 08-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Silver Member

coyotes, bears and mnt lions as well. I plan on hunting bear in the spring and yotes and mnt lions in the fall.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Silver Member

Wolves, bears and lions should always be in season, just like the coyotes. In my opinion.