Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Elk Hunting

Elk Hunting Techniques For Elk Hunting

Are wolves really the problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 03:44 AM
Silver Member

Re: Are wolves really the problem

that is a humble opinion to say the least. air horns are or can be a lot louder than a truck horn. you asked how you would use an air horn and i gave you the answer.
I asked why you could not shoot into the ground and you said because the bullet would end up wounding an animal and then that animal would wonder off onto land you could not go.

bears were only one of the animals i stated would be attracked by gut piles. the problem animal that everyone is talking about are wolves and coyotes which would be wondering around in jan, feb and march.

haha, how old am I, thats awesome. does this mean i can say " i know you are but what am I"

In just about every post, ranchers are on here telling me that elk are doing awesome because of them and would not be if it were not for the hay and water. essentially bragging that the elk are the product of their hard work. then the same ranchers are complaining about those elk and that they are a nuisance to that rancher.

bigngreen made the most sense in his post about how ranching is a long string of contradictions.

If you want to shoot elk and let them lay or harvest them, does not make a difference. if the people had a problem with the wolves, i mean really had a problem something could have been done on property next to the federal land. I have seen enough posts to see that ranchers live by the s,s,s philosophy.

if you want to shoot bear, coyotes, wolves, grizzlies, dont care. only one person on here posted a link to proof, a documentary about the introduction of the wolf and the decimation of the elk population. you get angry when i don't believe what you tell me. if you think eveyone should believe what you tell them you should go be a politician.

fence post and "wolfs poo" you guys are hilarious and from the sound of it eveyone here is a wildlife biologist.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:10 AM
Gold Member

Yep that fence post should be feeling really insulted.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Silver Member

no wonder the wolves are "killing all the elk" everyone that knows anything is on this forum instead of out in the woods killing the wolf. to be compared to a fence post, how ever am i going to sleep at night.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=longrangehuntr;845649
In just about every post, ranchers are on here telling me that elk are doing awesome because of them and would not be if it were not for the hay and water. essentially bragging that the elk are the product of their hard work. then the same ranchers are complaining about those elk and that they are a nuisance to that rancher. [/QUOTE]

No there is not bragging what there is are guys telling you the elk herd would not be no where near what it is without ranches, there would be no water improvements so the herds would be much more localized and smaller, there would be no range land improvements, no protection when needed but with that can come some problems at times. You seem to have gotten it in your mind that ranchers are roving the hills shooting elk at will which is just not the case, they are more than happy to let them do their thing 99% of the time and the fact is the elk on private ground is making better business for them these days.
If your bummed about what the elk herd is now you can not comprehend what it would be without the improvements and protection ranchers bring the the elk herd, especially now!!!

The compensation program is a raging joke, I don't think I know of anyone who has actually seen any money that would remotely come close to what the losses were. A Fed has to almost watch the wolf kill your animals to have it ruled a wolf kill.

My uncle is a card carrying member of PETA, a liberals liberal in every way, he loved the wolves, the whole nine yards. The last time he returned from Yellowstone he was absolutely crushed and encouraged me in my wolf hunting, he said if they had been told the truth there never would have been any support for it in their circles. This floored me!!!!

Here's another link, if your really interested in finding all the info from BOTH sides there is a lot of info and links to data. Home

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 09-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Silver Member

I am interested in hearing and learning everything about this issue. people should not accept everything they are told and need to do their own research. no sure what people thought would happen with a predator species that is uncontrolled. showing me facts is what i started this thread for in the first place not to talk about fence posts.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Gold Member

Well, I smell a rat. Trying to convince the original poster (whoever they really are) that the wolves are the ones killing the elk (and they are) is like trying to convince a liberal to be a conservative. Man, we are all wasting time that you'll never get back.
I think that the best thing we all can do is go kill a wolf and post the photos here.
Yeah, that's a good idea!!! Photos be a coming.....................

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 09-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
Well, I smell a rat. Trying to convince the original poster (whoever they really are) that the wolves are the ones killing the elk (and they are) is like trying to convince a liberal to be a conservative. Man, we are all wasting time that you'll never get back.
I think that the best thing we all can do is go kill a wolf and post the photos here.
Yeah, that's a good idea!!! Photos be a coming.....................

Randy
I do too... the way this whole thread has gone down is very fishy. "Herding" elk onto reservations... are you kidding???? Anyone who has any basic knowldge of the animals understands that elk will not be herded. Ain't gonna happen. Too many other statements that show a lot of ignorance on the subject and seemingly willful ignorance at that.

Looking forward to the photos!

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams