Re: Taking your wife ( my wife)
I took my daughter hunting this last fall. She actually hunted a lot but she also did other things. Here are some things to think about.
1. Photography. There should be lots of small and large animals around plus the night sky is great.
2. Books. Guide to wild birds, wild flowers, bushes and trees, perhaps geology/fossils if she is inclined and stars. You have your guns as extra weight she has her books as extra weight.
3. Extra binoculars/ spotting scope for her. She may be better as a spotter once she learns what to look for than you.
4. A decent chair to sit in.
5. A gps, map and compass so she can go out on her own and find her way back.
Soap - as a rule women do not care much for generic soap chosen by men. There is a natural/organic soap in a small squeeze bottle that works well and does not get all dirty and grimey like a bar of soap.
The Smokin Fur Rifle Club