Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Elk Hunting

Elk Hunting Techniques For Elk Hunting

Taking simultaneous shots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 11:23 PM

Re: Taking simultaneous shots

I've taken many groups out when multiple hunters could have shot simultaneously....and I've seen it tried....Success is much higher when the second and third shooters fire "on report". Had two hunters here on the ranch this year on muley's, second fired on report. Two 26 inc bucks on the ground. Bucks (and elk) will tend jump at the sound of the shot, then freeze, so need to wait that split second, then fire.... When folks try to fire simultaneously one seems to always shoot on the "jump" and miss or wound.....
Old 10-14-2013, 12:53 AM
Gold Member

Re: Taking simultaneous shots

You make a valid point but depending on the distance when I squeeze off as soon a the first person fires my bullet is there before they hear anything to jump about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blhenson View Post
I've taken many groups out when multiple hunters could have shot simultaneously....and I've seen it tried....Success is much higher when the second and third shooters fire "on report". Had two hunters here on the ranch this year on muley's, second fired on report. Two 26 inc bucks on the ground. Bucks (and elk) will tend jump at the sound of the shot, then freeze, so need to wait that split second, then fire.... When folks try to fire simultaneously one seems to always shoot on the "jump" and miss or wound.....

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html