Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Elk Hunting

Elk Hunting Techniques For Elk Hunting

Rocking R Ranch Trail Camera Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 09:17 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: Rocking R Ranch Trail Camera Thread

The mature bulls are starting to show up as hard horned.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Rocking R Ranch Trail Camera Thread-mfdc1928.jpg   Rocking R Ranch Trail Camera Thread-mfdc0930.jpg  

Rocking R Ranch Trail Camera Thread-mfdc5644.jpg   Rocking R Ranch Trail Camera Thread-mfdc2110.jpg  

Rocking R Ranch Trail Camera Thread-pict0143.jpg   Rocking R Ranch Trail Camera Thread-mfdc6007.jpg  

970-729-2571
dan@rockingrhunting.com
Old 08-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Silver Member

Gorgeous pictures Dan! I can't believe the color, resolution, and clarity. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of trail cams did you go with and do you get a lot of false shots for branches blowing in the wind, or are they setup to snap pics at specific time frames? Also... Do they capture in the dark? I notice it's a moultrie... But wondering how deep I'd need to dig to get images that look that good.

Pros... Cons?

Really been thinking about going this route for some coyote trails I hunt, but my friend has had no luck with his cam and his images look really pathetic. Wasn't sure I wanted to drop money on a cam, but after seeing your images, I have a renewed interest.

Thanks... And again... Looks great. Wish I had the cash... I'd come up and join you all for a hunt!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboscobuys View Post
Gorgeous pictures Dan! I can't believe the color, resolution, and clarity. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of trail cams did you go with and do you get a lot of false shots for branches blowing in the wind, or are they setup to snap pics at specific time frames? Also... Do they capture in the dark? I notice it's a moultrie... But wondering how deep I'd need to dig to get images that look that good.

Pros... Cons?

Really been thinking about going this route for some coyote trails I hunt, but my friend has had no luck with his cam and his images look really pathetic. Wasn't sure I wanted to drop money on a cam, but after seeing your images, I have a renewed interest.

Thanks... And again... Looks great. Wish I had the cash... I'd come up and join you all for a hunt!
Most of my cameras are the Moultrie M80's. I have been very happy with these. The picture quality is great. I also have some Bushnell's, which I like, but not as much as the Moultries. I have one Primos Truth Cam that I absolutely hate. Remember to place your cameras in a position where the sun won't shine directly into it during prime time hours. Also, you will get quite a few false pictures of trees and weeds blowing in the wind. There really is no way around that. It takes me quite a while to go through all of the images when I pull the cards. But, I figure that's just part of the process.
Thanks.
970-729-2571
dan@rockingrhunting.com