Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Elk Hunting

Elk Hunting Techniques For Elk Hunting

Return to the Manti

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Return to the Manti

BB,

Thanks for taking the time to share those great hunts with us! When i saw that elk, I thought wasn't he just concernced about an antelope a mile off the road...well, now he's got some work for sure! Good going getting that out of there! You should have a full freezer by now. Congrats. Jon

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 11-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Gold Member

Hey, way to go Jim.
Now we are back and still wired. I'll be able to harrass the NY bucks in a couple weeks.
Thanks for sharing.

Phil
Old 11-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Gold Member

BB, Welcome back to the forum. Congrats on your successful hunts and the renewing of memories past. Thanks for sharing them with us too. When one procures a "Kirby" gun, one of the disadvantages that rarely is thought of is how far one must drag/carry the game after you dispatch so far away! Also, Congrats to Phil! A stellar accomplishment to be sure. Good luck to him in the future and by all means keep us abreast of his adventures.
God Bless
Jim
Old 11-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Gold Member

BB, thanks for posting the stories and videos! I enjoy reading your adventures every fall. I find myself right now in that place you mentioned where the rifles spend most of the time in the safe as I'm busy shuttling the kids to swim lessons, scouts, you name it.... So thanks again, unfortunately for me this is how most of my "hunting" gets done.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Platinum Member

Bad back, bad feet and a bad attitude. Sounds just like my dad Did you retire from construction work? LOL

Great story and video's

Bigbuck
Old 11-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member

BB, I thoroughly enjoyed the writeups and video! Great shooting! Keep it coming... you're contribution here is much appreciated and of great value.

Congradulations on your son's achievement. From a fellow vet, his service as was yours is much appreciated.

Take care and be safe... and remember... shoot up hil - drag down hill

Mark
Old 11-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Silver Member

BB I enjoyed your write up & videos make sure if you make it to the boulder that you take a fishing pole lots of great fishing I shot a bunch of rock chucks there off the cook shelf this summer. being from Utah myself I think the Boulder is my 2nd favorite spot in this beutiful state if you get the chance try the San Juan during the rut it's hard to draw.had a wonderful hunt this past september and I will go back next year during rutting season with my video camera if nothing else it is my absolute favoite place in utah