Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Elk Hunting

Elk Hunting Techniques For Elk Hunting

Juniper Mountain Outfitters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Silver Member

Juniper Mountain Outfitters

A friend asked me if I knew anything about this outfitter and I told them that I'd never heard of them, but I would ask around. He is looking at scheduling an elk hunt with them next fall and wanted to get some feedback from others who have been there and done that. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

P.S. - If this is the wrong place to ask, let me know.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Juniper Mountain Outfitters

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide View Post
A friend asked me if I knew anything about this outfitter and I told them that I'd never heard of them, but I would ask around. He is looking at scheduling an elk hunt with them next fall and wanted to get some feedback from others who have been there and done that. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

P.S. - If this is the wrong place to ask, let me know.

Are you referring to Juniper Mountain Outfitters located in south west Idaho?

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 09-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Silver Member

Sorry, I didn't realize I left out their location. Yes, that is where they are located.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 09-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Platinum Member

Iíve known Stan Meholchick for 15 years. He has sense turned the outfitting business over to his son Paul who is very knowledgeable hunter and outfitter. I have never hunted with them but know the country they outfit in (unit 25)pretty well and there is lots of elk (or used to be before the wolves) so taking a bull should not be that difficult. Their deer camps in unit 40 and 42 are in some of the best mule deer country in Idaho. As with any outfitter you need to do the homework and make your own decisions.

A link to Paulís website is below.

Juniper Mountain Outfitters - Hunt Idaho South Central Idaho Hunting, Big Game Hunting Idaho

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein