Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Elk Hunting

Elk Hunting Techniques For Elk Hunting

Hidden Creek Outfitters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 12:16 AM

Re: Hidden Creek Outfitters

Thanks for letting us know how it went CC. I'm especially glad to hear you had a great time without bagging one. I'm booked for the second to last hunt next year at the Teton camp, so I might be in the same boat, but hopefully my experience is as good as yours. On the go from 5:30 to 8:30 certainly tells me I'd better be in shape when I get there.

Any pictures you have I'd love to see.

Chris
Old 09-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Bronze Member

Based on what everyone told me, I would try to change your hunt hunt to the last one next year. Unless you are locked in with the dates, probably gives you the best odds for a good bull. Everything depends on the weather, this year it's been pretty hot & dry. A few showers, but mostly residual moisture from the past winter which was a wet one. I tried to book the first hunt but was too late as it was full.

Cannot emphasize enough to get the old body in condition. I am almost 70 (next month!) and spent the better part of a year. Went to a gym and got a personal trainer to begin with, ended up doing both morning and evening workouts. Yep "2 a dayers"...just like when I was playing football.

I will get some pictures post after I get them transfered from the camera and edited/enhanced.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:10 AM
Silver Member

This has been an amazing thread. Colorado Cowboy, I'm so glad you had a great experience but I sure wish you could have connected with something. I'm sure you have lots of memories from that trip.

DanMan, I really appreciate and value all of your inputs into this thread. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and time. I can't wait for my first elk hunt. I'm hoping to get booked for a hunt within the next two years! I have started working out to prepare but now I need to find some horses to ride.

Reading threads like this keeps me fired up and ready to go. Thanks gentlemen!!

Curtis