Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Elk Hunting

Elk Hunting Techniques For Elk Hunting

Hidden Creek Outfitters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hidden Creek Outfitters

Agreed, Our genetics got better after the fires as we got displaced elk our way. Mixed up the genetics a bit and I am sure that helped. The fires did not get here. Also it turned into a draw area at the same time allowing shooting older age class animals. So probably a little of all of it.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyDan View Post
@DoubleM:

I also personally know JJ (Justin Jarett) and Ron Dube.
JJ is on the up and up and you cannot go wrong there but STAY AWAY FROM RON DUBE if he is still in business!!!
Without going into detail, cannot recommend Ron.

CodyDan

What is the problem with Ron? He's produced some excellent animals for his clients year after year. He's well over 80% success every year.

I know Bill personally and many who work his camps. Also, a good outfitter with good areas to hunt.

Lee Livingston also has good camps.

Lineberger is the one to stay away from...

The OP will be happy with Bill, his guides and his camp.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocadori View Post
What is the problem with Ron? He's produced some excellent animals for his clients year after year. He's well over 80% success every year.

I know Bill personally and many who work his camps. Also, a good outfitter with good areas to hunt.

Lee Livingston also has good camps.

Lineberger is the one to stay away from...

The OP will be happy with Bill, his guides and his camp.
I have worked for Lee as well and he has excellent camps and kills some good bulls in the 370+ range most years Highly recommended! We were discussing the Thorofare Outfitters and that is why I did not mention him at this point. He is on the east side of the parks North Fork Drainage's.

As far as Ron:
Quote:
Without going into detail, cannot recommend Ron.
Living and working for these people for years has been an experience. Lets just say that experience must count for something and cannot not recommend him, now Ron's camp Mountain Creek is a good camp later in the season.

Cheers!
CodyDan
Old 05-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Bronze Member

Fair enough. I worked with Lee for years. Wes taught me a lot of what I know.

If you know the Lineberger story then.. well you know... ;-)

I understand that working for Outfitters as a hired Wrangler, Jack or Guide tends to make some friends and others well, not so much friends.. I get that...

I never had a problem with Ron. But I know some have.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:12 PM

Well we know the same people... I have a beer with Wes when I can and know most all the others as well. Yes I know the Ron story but he has settled down a bunch and I actually did some work for him 3 years ago, not bad at all.

I will leave the other thingy alone
Old 08-06-2011, 06:26 PM

Hey CodyDan & LTLR thanks for all the great information and advice. I'm an eastern whitetail hunter who has booked his hunt of a lifetime with Hidden Creek. I'm doing an Oct combo hunt in 2012 which will be my first elk hunt. I bought a new rifle and am practicing like crazy. I'm already in pretty good shape for a 50-something since I regularly run. I'm trying to find somewhere close to home so I can get into riding shape next summer. I'm very psyched for this hunt. So far Bill has been very helpful answering all the stupid questions this novice elk hunter has been asking. I think I made a good choice with Hidden Creek.

Chris
Old 08-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Bronze Member

I am Hunting with HC Outfitters starting the 18th of September. Will be arriving in Cody on the 14th, driving from SW Colorado, staying at Cody Motor Lodge. I'll spend a couple of days at the BB Museum. I've been working out almost daily since last summer, before that it was sporadic at best. I live at 7,000 ft, so getting aclimated will be better than a lot of the hunters. I've lost over 50# and feel really great. Yeah..the riding will be something. I do a little riding, but not enough to really get prepared for the 30 mile trek! I am almost 70 and have hunted all over the western US. Taken lots of deer and antelope and a few elk, mostly cows for the freezer. I will take lots of pictures and look forward to giving everyone my take on the trip.

By the way, i was booked for the first Oct combo trip and changed my mind, I am saving all my Wy Pref Pts for a 2012 hunt I am planning.

See ya

Last edited by Colorado Cowboy; 08-06-2011 at 07:31 PM.