Finally! Utah cow elk tag filled

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Silver Member

Re: Finally! Utah cow elk tag filled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
Dang, you let the juice out of her!!!
Uh, yeah!!!!!! You should see the 40 yards of bloody snow! I'm surprised she still had blood in her body when I gutted her! I could post pics, and a video, but it's kinda......bloody

Like others have said...... I find it funny that I acquire an LRH gun, buy very expensive glass, do the load development, practice out past 600 yards, and kill less than 300 yards!!!! This cow, and my bull almost made me feel like I was cheating being that close! Oh well, there will come a time when I will drive away from a 300 yard shot back to 600 yards just to make it fair!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
Uh, yeah!!!!!! You should see the 40 yards of bloody snow! I'm surprised she still had blood in her body when I gutted her! I could post pics, and a video, but it's kinda......bloody

Like others have said...... I find it funny that I acquire an LRH gun, buy very expensive glass, do the load development, practice out past 600 yards, and kill less than 300 yards!!!! This cow, and my bull almost made me feel like I was cheating being that close! Oh well, there will come a time when I will drive away from a 300 yard shot back to 600 yards just to make it fair!
I would love to see some pics and a video. If you dont want to post them here could you email them to me at rjd28@live.com ?

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Platinum Member

Good going on filling the cow tag, good shootin.......Helps remind some of us we need to do that yet and this week
Dont worry the long range practice is never wasted.....Just used when nessissary. Heck I bow hunted goats year before last hard for a month, practiced with the 7mag to 700 yards just to shoot one @ 35 yards with the 7 mag=It happens
Old 01-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Platinum Member

Keep practicing, I want to hear how the 7 lrx 168's do at 600+. The bullet sounds like a winner. If you have pics or a video, I'd like to see them eftills@yahoo.com.

Thanks and Congratulations.

Meat in the freezer, it looks like a pretty healthy and good sized Elk for eating.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 PM
Silver Member

Barnesuser28 and etisll40 pics and video is on the way
Old 01-31-2013, 11:41 AM
Silver Member

Looks like a really fun day of hunting! Congrats on a nice, fat cow.