Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Elk Hunting

Elk Hunting Techniques For Elk Hunting

Any outifitter recs for Montana?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Bronze Member

Any outifitter recs for Montana?

Want to chase a Montana elk. Three things I would really like are good scenery, to see enough animals to have the opportunity to shoot, and an honest nice guide. Minor criteria would be cost and accomadations. Any recs?
Old 11-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Silver Member

Re: Any outifitter recs for Montana?

We have a great elk area but it is by permit only. you can check our website or give us a call if you like.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Silver Member

How about this guy? I've never been on a guided hunt personally, but you can't argue with results.

Conner archery hunter, usually an outfitter, drops own big mule deer buck
Old 11-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Bronze Member

Thank you for your info Mr. Martin. It is interesting how I get a feeling on a person's forthrightness just by looking at their website. I appreciate that. We are planning for a hunt in 2011. There will be 4 of us. I will need tag guarantee I would assume. Also, I was really hoping to see the Montana mountains. Any thoughts?
Old 11-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Silver Member

ICR Outfitters - Home

Check out Wade, he is god guy. I am booked for a wilderness pack in next year.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
Thank you for your info Mr. Martin. It is interesting how I get a feeling on a person's forthrightness just by looking at their website. I appreciate that. We are planning for a hunt in 2011. There will be 4 of us. I will need tag guarantee I would assume. Also, I was really hoping to see the Montana mountains. Any thoughts?
The way Mt. FWP sets rules it will not be possible to say what licensing procedure might be in 2011, I can tell you for this year outfitter sponsor licenses were available and I assume will be then. my area is still in a drawing area for elk and you would also have to draw the permit after buying the license. as far as the mountains I can't help you out there. we have the little rockies but they ain't western Mt. or Idaho. also keep in mind the wolf issue, we do not have them here YET but they are in most mountain areas and have had a huge impact on the elk herds, there are areas that are now 50 and 60% below population objectives. If and when you go on your hunt with who ever you chose remember you are buying a hunt and not a elk. most real hunting outfitters will try their best but none have elk in a pen out back to sell you, that is a game farm.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Bronze Member

I know little of the terrain or issues facing Montana elk. Hence, I don't know where the go to areas are. Wanted to pick an area where I would have a reasonable chance of success.

I just learning about this wolf issue. WHAT THE HECK! Why would anyone feel the need to introduce this predator. Years of game conservation thrown down the tubes. Liberalism, i.e. idealism, truly is a mental disorder.