Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Elk Hunting

Elk Hunting Techniques For Elk Hunting

2013 Valle Calderas elk hunt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 11:50 PM
Platinum Member

2013 Valle Calderas elk hunt

Ok peeps, I just was notified that I won the lottery for on of the tags for the Valle Calderas elk hunt. The hunt will be Oct 19-23 and I have never hunted here. Nor do I know anyone that has. I was thinking of a guide but not sure. Does anyone know anything??? Can you point me in the direction of someone? I'll be happy to take calls or emails. I want to get the most info I can to help make the right choices!!!!!

Thanks guys and I will try for a. Long range shot with the 338 Lapua or the 7mm STW IF it is ever completed.....

Thanks

Mario
Old 04-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Silver Member

Re: 2013 Valle Calderas elk hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioq View Post
Ok peeps, I just was notified that I won the lottery for on of the tags for the Valle Calderas elk hunt. The hunt will be Oct 19-23 and I have never hunted here. Nor do I know anyone that has. I was thinking of a guide but not sure. Does anyone know anything??? Can you point me in the direction of someone? I'll be happy to take calls or emails. I want to get the most info I can to help make the right choices!!!!!

Thanks guys and I will try for a. Long range shot with the 338 Lapua or the 7mm STW IF it is ever completed.....

Thanks

Mario
First of all, CONGRATS!!! I have no personal experience but based on second hand knowledge, it sounds like a fairly easy hunt. Easy in the terms of lots of elk that are easy to find with obviously very little to no pressure. Hiring a guide could potentially be a big waste of money but then again, it's a once-in-a-lifetime tag. Good luck with your research, wish I could be of more help.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:32 PM

Re: 2013 Valle Calderas elk hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioq View Post

Thanks

Mario
Sent you an email