Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

Wyoming Antelope Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 06:38 PM

Wyoming Antelope Guide

My brother and I are looking for a good guide to hunt antelope . I hear around Casper is good. We are in our early 60"s always wanted to go on a hunt together. Thank you for your help.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Wyoming Antelope Guide

Do you already have your tags?
To be honest a self guided hunt isn't hard, get a Garmin and the sd card for Wyoming, a BLM paper map of the area doesn't hurt and have at it.
There is a little more to it than that but it isn't difficult. A buddy of mine and I went last year on our first trip, self guided, and we overstressed about it. We are both in our 30's but we kinda thought an Antelope hunt can be as difficult as you want to make it. we hunted area 30 last year and I am going back solo this year as he can't go. Antelope are not high country mountainous animals they are farm country critters and likely you won't have to walk far to get one.
Last year we hiked a good bit across some state land in search but were unsuccessful, later we were driving and spotted a herd and made a short and quick stalk (less than 100 yards from the truck) and scored with 130 yard shots. We were lucky as the only creek with flowing water was at this place and there was a good place to park the truck out of sight and we walked the creek and crawled up the bank and took our shots prone laying against a creek bank.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:42 PM

Thank You very much for the insight. No we haven't applied for tags yet. We don't know who many points we need. We have as of this year Two each.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Bronze Member

I bought a point last year and still ended up getting tags for a different area when leftover tags became available.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:32 PM
Bronze Member

I think to answer your question one would want to know your goals. If you are looking for a representative animal the answer is different than if you want a B&C quality trophy. I personally know an outfitter that is exceptional at judging antelope. He offers hunts from "any" antelope to Boone and Crockett qualifiers. Your preference points are adequate from some areas and short for others, but a good outfitter will be able to assist in applying for the right unit.
PM me if you would like contact info.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:56 PM
Silver Member

I've heard good things about these guys and they take some pretty impressive animals for the money.

Thunder Ridge Outfitters Guided Antelope Hunt Trip
Old 09-17-2013, 12:38 AM
Platinum Member

Contact SNS, they have numerous hunts. They can help you with points info.