Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

WY western units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Silver Member

Re: WY western units

Topgun, I was caught off guard with the first few sentences as I did not expect that from you. I have noticed you helping many others in the past. I know as well as you that the info is all available but it is intimidating to people who have not used it before. It is also always nice to get reassurance from your peers even if you have looked up the info on your own. I do not disagree with the point you were trying to make I just feel it was worded a little too harsh. I did commend you, previously, for helping him. No hard feelings on my part and I would love to go hunting with you some year. To the OP again, if you need any more info feel free to PM me.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member

Harsh is your opinion and I don't agree. If you think that was harsh, I would sggest that maybe you have a thin skin since the OP didn't seem to have any problem with it. If he does PM you for advice, I do suggest you take a closer look at the information you gave him and that I corrected in my last post in response to your "Attitude" adjustment critique. Have a good day!
Old 02-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Silver Member

Sorry to the OP I did misread the odds on unit 99. The tags leftover in unit 100 are type 7 and only valid in certain parts of the unit. If you do buy one of those I would make sure you research the area before doing so.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfurman24 View Post
Sorry to the OP I did misread the odds on unit 99. The tags leftover in unit 100 are type 7 and only valid in certain parts of the unit. If you do buy one of those I would make sure you research the area before doing so.
TopGun3006 helped me out quite a bit in my search for antelope units via PM and public posts. His attitude was warranted since the guy is asking for information that could have easily been obtained by spending a few minutes on the F & G website. It took me over 2 weeks of every night researching & then I asked a few questions to guys on the forums to get their opinions on what I was seeing as well.

Public forums seem to go downhill pretty quickly if guys keep asking very simple questions that could be answered with a few minutes of research otherwise. You can't trust 100% what people tell you, especially if you are just askign for a typed response on a forum.

So, if anything you just highjacked the thread & gave wrong information to the OP.

So thanks again to TopGun3006 as you've helped many people on this forum for their western hunting quests. Me in particular and many others before & after me.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks, as it's something that I really enjoy doing in the off months as long as the person is willing to put some time in on their own as you mentioned!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Silver Member

This will be the last time I will post in this thread. I will have to agree to disagree. The OP messaged me thanking me for backing him up. He had already spent a good deal of time on the Wyoming website. Some people just want a second opinion from peers to backup them up or let them know they are on the wrong path. I am pretty sure most of the things we discuss on forums could be found on Google. No matter how many times I find an answer to a question I still like to get an opinion or more information from the guys I consider my peers, which is why I post on forums including this one. It is never fun when someone tells you to figure it out on your own.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Gold Member

I have hunted in unit 100 and it has good access plus we saw plenty of antelope. It was about 10 years ago but I doubt the BLM land changed hands or the antelope population is much different.