Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

Wy antelope diy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Silver Member

Re: Wy antelope diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpillproductions View Post
Thanks for reply . if anyone what to set up a diy hunt for next year im all for it let me know .
Keep my name in mind. If you put in and get drawn for Area 7, NE Wyoming near Newcastle, let me know I'll put you on a good DIY hunt, plenty of public land, easy access, lots of goats.

Plus there is lots of Private Walk in Areas.

I'm not a guide or outfitter, but there is no law says I can't give you advise.

Also our club has "Sight In Days" the last two days before the opening day. I'll be working the range so if its a go on your part, you can find me there (if this is the case, I'll get you directions to the range which is right there in Newcastle.

There I'll point you to the best spot. I usually scout the area before the season so will have a better ideal where to hunt.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigwy View Post
Keep my name in mind. If you put in and get drawn for Area 7, NE Wyoming near Newcastle, let me know I'll put you on a good DIY hunt, plenty of public land, easy access, lots of goats.

Plus there is lots of Private Walk in Areas.

I'm not a guide or outfitter, but there is no law says I can't give you advise.

Also our club has "Sight In Days" the last two days before the opening day. I'll be working the range so if its a go on your part, you can find me there (if this is the case, I'll get you directions to the range which is right there in Newcastle.

There I'll point you to the best spot. I usually scout the area before the season so will have a better ideal where to hunt.
Where were you two years ago when me and a buddy were there! We hunted Area 6 & 7. Killed a nice buck each though....

2 VA LRHers in eastern WY
Old 07-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Bronze Member

Checked out wy hunting government site . Wow is that a lot different than buying licences and tags( draws) than us . Felt a whole bunch overwhelming lol. I think ill just call them see what the heck I need and got to do
Old 07-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Checked out wy hunting government site . Wow is that a lot different than buying licences and tags( draws) than us . Felt a whole bunch overwhelming lol. I think ill just call them see what the heck I need and got to do

PM sent
Old 07-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Platinum Member

Wyoming is actually one of the easiest states to deal with as far as draws and licensing goes. You'd go crazy if you went into the New Mexico site or some of the others if you think the Wyoming one is rough!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
Wyoming is actually one of the easiest states to deal with as far as draws and licensing goes. You'd go crazy if you went into the New Mexico site or some of the others if you think the Wyoming one is rough!
Wyoming is one of the best. I've dealt with several states and provinces, and agree completely with this assessment. Washington is the worst in my opinion. I called Colorado once and while you were waiting online instead of music it was a monthly profile animal of the month. That month was the screech owl turned up full volume. Scrreeeech your call is important to us please stay on the line screeech, all our operators a busy your call will be answered in the order it was received scrrreeech. I couldn't hang on long enough to talk with a person. I've never tried again.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Where does a guy start to look for which units to apply for
We just called and asked where to go. There info was spot on. One day while packing a lope' back to the truck we got checked by the warden. Very nice and informative.

We got drawn again this year and we're headed back to Casper come October.