Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

Want to head out west, first time ever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Gold Member

Re: Want to head out west, first time ever.

Thanks for the input guys. I guess i wasnt fully thinking about the weather. I usualy dont really care about the weather when i hunt, but i remember reading some stuff now and i agree, it could get real nasty.

I will look into hunting TX, i know you can get guaranteed tags, but like Nomadpilot said, it's texas, so bring your wallet. I will check out the link (thanks) and the outfitter im going to hunt hogs with in 3weeks ago does antelope hunts so ill see what he charges to get a comparison.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Platinum Member

If you don't mind sharing how about letting us know what the comparison looks like.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:50 PM
Gold Member

Sure thing. The guys my dad and I go hog hunting with are called Pope Brothers Guide and Outfitting Service. Had a blast last time and booked our next hunt with them about a week after completing the first. Their antelope hunts are prices well. Check out the link to see prices, add on's etc. Unfortinualy, doesn't look like the season runs during a holiday for me to go hunt... Will have to see but doesn't look too good.

Antelope Hunts from Pope Brothers Guide Service and Outfitting
Old 03-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks for posting the link, I'll give it a read.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Platinum Member

Mt. hood (Oregon) Maupin and White River units are open November 6th thru14th for Elk. (bull with at least 1 visible antler.....it can have way more than 1). Weather usually isnt too bad. And if the snow is too nasty, just move down a couple thousand feet from Hood to 1 of the other 2 units.
Drive till you see tracks in the snow, get out and walk and dont come back till somethings dead or its dark. I prefer the White River unit my self for the years Im not drawn for the tag I want. Most it snowed last year was 8" one night, and the usual 2-4'' most other days. Melts off quick tho.........usually.......
Heres the link to Fish and Feathers
www.dfw.state.or.us/online_license_sales/index.asp

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 06-21-2010, 04:00 AM

ever thought about nevada?
Old 06-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Silver Member

Oliveralan
I am in the same boat with school and work myself. Would like to go out west and shoot a speed goat or eld or mule deer. The problem i run into is the money. I cant see spending 3 thousand pluss right now to do so. I am being told my job will be no more come sept 30 so i am limited to what i can spend. If anyone has any speed goats they want killed or know of anyone let me no. I ant looking for the new world record animal or anything just a average will do.