Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

Thunder ridge outfitters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Bronze Member

Thunder ridge outfitters

Any one on here ever have any experiance with Thunder Ridge Outfitters out of Wyoming. My little hunting buddies and I are looking to do some antelope hunting this fall. I talked to the guy monday evening and he sounded like a strait up fella. He gave us a bunch of different options for not having preference points, and where and how we would be hunting. It will be a drop camp and the price seems fair for the services offered. We also figgured it would give us a chance to re-con the area for public land and other options next year. I am going to get some refrences when I talk to him next week. Every time I need some info you guys here on Long Range are always here to help. Thanks in advance.......................JR
Old 03-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Thunder ridge outfitters

I know them well and can certainly vouch for their reputation. They know the areas and the quality if animals as well as anyone you will find.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the info. We are looking forward to hopefully drawing and getting out there this fall. Thanks again......jr
Old 03-13-2014, 08:40 AM
Bronze Member

anyone use there unguided drop hunt ? something i can afford cheaper than a vacation and i can air out my 6mm.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:40 PM
Bronze Member

That is what we have booked. From the conversations with a couple of guys here on long range, everything should be great. Looking forward to using my 6-06 on something different than a whitetail..............JR
Old 03-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Bronze Member

Drop camp hunts are great for learning the country and learning a little about antelope. What many people on this forum will tell you is that antelope hunting is easy. While that is quite true, trophy antelope hunting is a real bugger. There are a few species in North America that challenge you to separate the representative type animal from the standout. This is one of those. About the time you think you know how to tell what a real trophy looks like you end up ground checking a little one. Very humbling they are.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:50 AM
Bronze Member

So did you draw your drop camp tags? Just curious if you get to go hunting.