Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

My girls Wy animal-lope hunt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 07:11 PM

Re: My girls Wy animal-lope hunt

Yes thanks for reply. We are thinking about the Thunder basin area south of Gillette. We know a few groups that hunt the area and have good luck. Now to figure out and start the whole PP thing.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Bronze Member

Re: My girls Wy animal-lope hunt

Thanks for the instructions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMan View Post
As WyoWinchester posted you definately need to plan in advance. First pick the general area you wish to hunt. Then call the game & fish office for that region and get a landowner list. Then start working the phone. Plan on making a lot of calls
before you actually get to talk to someone. Then most will be already booked with
repeat hunters. If you are persistent you can eventually find a place. Anyway that was my experience. The price will vary greatly from $100 - $500 or more per hunter for buck antelope. Depends on location and quality of hunting. Often doe will be free with a buck. This can be a great avenue to get a good place to hunt if you dont have preference points but expect to put forth some effort to find a place. If you happen to know someone local to the area that can help you it would probably be much easier. I had to do it the hard way this time but would expect it to be much easier next time since I now have history with this rancher. I still prefer public land if you can draw a good unit.
Hope this helps. Danny