Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

How to Get a 4x4 for NR Hunter in WY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member

Re: How to Get a 4x4 for NR Hunter in WY

That picture is crazy, some bad looking stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPW View Post
Just rent a car from Denver to drive up to Casper, then get a full size PU from Casper to hunt with.
You should check on this, it might save you some money. The prices for a rental in Denver were WAY more then my local. A few years back I went to Colorado to hunt elk. Not even a week before I was gonna head out my truck burned to the ground. A round trip flight to Denver was less than a few hundred bucks, and I still saved money renting a truck local and driving by myself 1,100 miles @ $3.50+ dollars a gallon. It was cheaper to rent a truck local then a compact car in Denver.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Platinum Member

He will be at the mercy of the places in Denver because he has to fly in and out of there on business. It will just depend on whether he gets something there and then another one in Casper or one in Denver for the entire round trip back to the airport. Either way it's going to cost some money, plus the fuel cost, and then if he takes our advice and gets a couple good sets of chains and fasteners he will be out another $250-$300.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsev View Post
Read some of the posts on here about unit 73 - they've had a few bad winters and the big bucks just aren't there like they used to be.
This past summer was good for them. Lots of does had twins that made it through, coupled with a mild winter thus far should help the numbers in the next few years if it keeps up. Just hope it helps the mulies out too.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Read some of the posts on here about unit 73 - they've had a few bad winters and the big bucks just aren't there like they used to be.
That is true in some parts of 73. FWIW, I saw several 80+ bucks just east of Arminto after the season closed.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Silver Member

I hunted coyotes in New Mex a few years ago. Flew into Midland TX then drove on over to Carlsbad. There I hooked up with a local internet friend of mine and we took his lifted 3/4 ton Chevy out into the desert. I called it the cactus taxi. This was one of the best prepared off road vehicles I've ever seen. In the bed in a big tote was a couple BIG bottle jacks,tire chains, cribbing ( short pieces of 4X4 lumber), 2 horse blankets (for traction in the sand I guess)assorted tools, winch/straps. There was one cooler of water and gatorade,and one full of grub. We could have stayed out for 3 or 4 days if necessary. Never had a problem,but we had it covered.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Platinum Member

Here's a thought. My truck is gonna be somewhere in that area anyway, you could catch a ride in and out with me?
It aint built like the (cactus taxi) or SBs (cant believe he aint showed us pics of one of the nicest BAD trucks I've seen!!) But it does come with a driver that knows the area and how to get around and out of it!!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachV View Post
Here's a thought. My truck is gonna be somewhere in that area anyway, you could catch a ride in and out with me?
It aint built like the (cactus taxi) or SBs (cant believe he aint showed us pics of one of the nicest BAD trucks I've seen!!) But it does come with a driver that knows the area and how to get around and out of it!!
Thanks. Send me a pm at dhoshour7@gmail.com