Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting


HMA Permission Slips for Wyoming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-16-2012, 02:44 AM
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
Re: HMA Permission Slips for Wyoming

Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
Go onto the F&G website and on the home page at the top right you will see where you can click on information for the HMA and the WIHA areas. The latter are open to hunting and all you have to do is park and walk in if you have the proper tag for the animals listed for that ranch. They are signed around the perimeter of the area you can hunt. For the HMA ranches you will click on the one you want and fill out the information and print out a permission slip that you carry with you and one to put in the windshied of your vehicle. It is a first come first served deal and when the quotas are full you are out of luck, so do it as soon as you draw your tags. Some of them have a draw and you have to enter that draw after you draw the tag and you just need to follow the directions on the website for those places and hope you get chosen.
Thanks you for the post.
Reply With Quote
  •   #9  
    Unread 03-16-2012, 04:31 AM
    Gold Member
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: GSP, SC, USA
    Posts: 643
    Re: HMA Permission Slips for Wyoming

    Originally Posted by HPW View Post
    You will want to check your area for HMA's once you know which one you will be hunting. Many of them have specific dates you can hunt there, not always the entire season, and many are draws you will have to enter. You can pick up a walk in area brochure at sporting goods stores and many gas stations which will list the areas available and for what species.
    Am I correct on this? After being drawn you got 2 classes of hunting land.

    1. Land owner controlled HMA that you have to get before you come out there, or on some ranches, you just drive up to the gate and fill out one and boogy on down the road?

    2. WIA=Walk in area. just show up fill out a form and hoof it?

    HPW if you would expound on that a little so I got it "crystal clear".
    I always wanted to get a speed goat for the wall but might have waited to long. If old timers don't get me, my feet might let me down. I keep hoping.

    "I'm better when it's breathing" Chris Kyle
    NRA Life Member 1970
    Reply With Quote

    Unread 03-16-2012, 12:00 PM
    Platinum Member
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: Allegan, MI
    Posts: 1,423
    Re: HMA Permission Slips for Wyoming

    You are partially correct. The WIHAs do not require any paperwork at all to hunt. As long as you have a license for the animals that are listed in the G&F guide for a particular WIHA, you are good to hunt them. Most require that you park at a certain spot(s) at the signed ranch perimeter and walk in to get into the interior of the ranch. The other category is the HMAs and they control numbers of hunters by issuing written permission to hunt. Many just require that you log onto the G&F website, pick the HMA and fill out the form for permission and print it out to carry one copy and put a copy in the windshield where you park. Some require you to enter a drawing and the people that get drawn then fill out the necessary forms like I just mentioned to hunt certain dates. The 3 HMAs I found in the area I hunted last year just required the forms to be printed out on the computer, which I did, and then I took those with me to show I had permission to access the individual properties.
    Reply With Quote
    Unread 03-18-2012, 06:17 PM
    Silver Member
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Location: Bend, Or
    Posts: 427
    Re: HMA Permission Slips for Wyoming

    All the info on HMA's and Walk in areas, including maps and dates is available on the web site. last years info is pretty much the same year to year. Exceptions have already been noted for one unit 30 HMA.
    If you are concerned about having enough BLM to hunt, you would be well advised to look into the HMA's prior to applying.
    Reply With Quote
    Unread 03-19-2012, 06:26 PM
    Silver Member
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: Shoshoni, WY
    Posts: 143
    Re: HMA Permission Slips for Wyoming

    All the info on HMA's and Walk in areas, including maps and dates is available on the web site.
    Pay particular attention to the restrictions on the walk-in areas. Most of the walk in areas in central Wyoming are of the "established" road variety. There are also park and walk in, and designated road walk in.
    Reply With Quote


    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Similar Threads for: HMA Permission Slips for Wyoming
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    New from Wyoming bengineer Member Introductions 1 10-26-2011 08:23 PM
    Wyoming Elk WyoElk2Hunt Elk Hunting 2 09-10-2011 12:57 AM
    Permission requested to come aboard! whack-n-stack Member Introductions 1 01-05-2009 05:25 PM
    Wyoming help? Guy M Long Range Hunting & Shooting 4 10-17-2007 08:43 PM
    LRF Challenge (kind of like racing for pink slips) royinidaho Long Range Scopes and Other Optics 20 07-09-2006 02:49 PM

    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.

    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC