Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

HMA Permission Slips for Wyoming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Bronze Member

HMA Permission Slips for Wyoming

Hi All-

I'm looking at going out to Wyoming (from IA) for an antelope trip this year. I've got my 3 units picked out and will plan to go with a group of 2 other guys. I keep hearing about getting HMA permission slips. Where/how do I go about getting one? Are they needed? Do they cost any $?
Old 01-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Platinum Member

Re: HMA Permission Slips for Wyoming

There is no cost. Depending on the area you hunt they can be very helpfull. Some are draw so as soon as you get your tags apply online for the HMAs in that area!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Platinum Member

Go onto the F&G website and on the home page at the top right you will see where you can click on information for the HMA and the WIHA areas. The latter are open to hunting and all you have to do is park and walk in if you have the proper tag for the animals listed for that ranch. They are signed around the perimeter of the area you can hunt. For the HMA ranches you will click on the one you want and fill out the information and print out a permission slip that you carry with you and one to put in the windshied of your vehicle. It is a first come first served deal and when the quotas are full you are out of luck, so do it as soon as you draw your tags. Some of them have a draw and you have to enter that draw after you draw the tag and you just need to follow the directions on the website for those places and hope you get chosen.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:10 PM

You will want to check your area for HMA's once you know which one you will be hunting. Many of them have specific dates you can hunt there, not always the entire season, and many are draws you will have to enter. You can pick up a walk in area brochure at sporting goods stores and many gas stations which will list the areas available and for what species.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Bronze Member

Is there anywhere online that shows which HMA's are in which antelope areas? I see where the G & F lists the areas...but not where they show what HMA's are in which unit (unit 32 for example).

I know I don't need to put in for any until I know which unit I drew (if any), but I'd at least like to have my ducks in a row when the tag comes.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member

Blow up the antelope map on the G&F website so you can see what county the units are in that you want to put in for. Then you can go to the HMA or WIA section of the website and click on that particular county to see what's in it, if any.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Silver Member

Be sure to read the terms of the walk in areas. There are three main types, walk-in (park and hoof it), traffic restricted to established roads (including two track), and traffic restricted to designated roads.