Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

Hey Wyoming Guys, I know it's a long shot but...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Silver Member

Hey Wyoming Guys, I know it's a long shot but...

I thought I would try it anyway. I already have a hunt planned for this year but I want to find another spot to hunt for next year and after. I'm looking for a spot that I can hunt pronghorns every year without having to worry too much about drawing a tag. I know it's never a sure thing but there are areas that usually have a bunch of leftover tags, unit 23 comes to mind. What I'm looking for is a place where I can go every year and camp for a week or so and hunt antelope. It would be nice to locate a place with excess animals. I want to develop a long term relationship with a single landowner or maybe a couple of neighbors. I would either hunt alone or bring a maximum of 2 other responsible hunters. I am willing to pay a reasonable trespass fee but I would like to shoot at least one buck, I'll be happy to shoot all the does I can get tags for, I have a big family that loves the meat. I prefer to hunt on foot.

I do have the landowner lists from G&F and will be contacting those folks but I though one of you might know someone with too many animals that is not on the list. If there is someone you know who has room for me I would be eternally grateful if you would PM me some contact info.

Thanks!
Bob
Old 08-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Silver Member

Re: Hey Wyoming Guys, I know it's a long shot but...

P.M sent
Old 08-11-2012, 08:44 PM

I have the list of landowners also, I havent contacted anyone yet, I want to try a public land DIY hunt in area 23, I have 3 tags, are the land owners open to last second "hey can I hunt" calls???
Old 08-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Silver Member

All you can do is try it and see.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:10 AM
Silver Member

Solohunter - pm sent
Old 08-17-2012, 12:25 AM

Hey WyomingBlizzard, I have some tags for unit 23 as well. Any chance you could share some of the same intel and pm me as well?
Old 08-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yancee View Post
Hey WyomingBlizzard, I have some tags for unit 23 as well. Any chance you could share some of the same intel and pm me as well?
Sorry area 23 is in the wrong part of the state for me, I have no knowlage of that area.