Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

Handgun kill video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Handgun kill video

Zumba, dont let the simpletons that sometimes come to the site scare you away. you are always welcome here and by far the vast majority of people on here are very polite and helpfull. so Stick around!

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 02-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Platinum Member

Great post!! Now a self-admitted violator of a game law is calling people simpletons for calling him out. Like I said, you're the one that needs to rethink what he's doing and posting things that to many people is a detriment to the hunting/shooting sports! If people agree with what you're doing, then let them come on this thread and voice their support for you. I doubt there will be an outpouring of positive comments when there hasn't been but ONE yet out of over 120 views!!!

PS To Zuba: This is the same guy who got into my chit a couple weeks ago for trying to help a member on an antelope question and the guy was told not to listen to me because I didn't live in Wyoming like he does, LOL!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Silver Member

Jeepers, would you just relax already? You're acting as if we're felons or something.

Mike and I were driving around on my family's farm. Mike had a doe tag. It was doe season. We happened to find a doe. Mike got out of the truck and shot the doe with a pistol while I recorded it.

Save the drama for your mama!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Gold Member

Topgun you need to take a breath and relax. I think the video was great. Are you the cyber police? I come here for knowledge and not to hear bitching. Is there a moderator on this forum? This forum is loosing clout. people calling others out for the way they hunt. If you don't agree with it then dont watch it. I have never seen one picture of you or hunting pictures. Share some of your stories and pics..
Old 02-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Platinum Member

Sorry, but I'm an old timer and don't like to see anything that is put out on the airwaves that could do anything to detract from the sport that I love so dearly. As you know, it all started with the deal where Mike stated out on these forums that you guys shot coyotes right off the highway even though it's illegal and didn't see anything wrong with it. That didn't set right with me. Then before I headed out to the basin on a 6 week trip in Wyoming last Fall I sent Mike a nice PM and asked if we could get together over lunch or whatever and talk things out. That request was met with dead silence and I didn't press it. Then recently on this Forum all I tried to do was add what I felt were some helpful comments on a thread where a guy was asking for help hunting antlelope and Mike responded with a very nasty post telling the guy not to listen to me because I didn't live in Wyoming like you guys do. That more than ticked me off and the thread was almost axed over our dickering. Now this video came up and I readily admit that I was not happy with what I saw! I'll lay off if you guys will do the same and just think a little bit before you put up stuff. We are facing enough problems with the antis than to give them more ammunition against us and that was why I responded to the OP like I did. Peace everyone and I think if we could ever meet out there sometime you will find that I'm a nice guy that is just trying to protect us all from the antis! Have a good day!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Platinum Member

Here's a picture of my 4x4 taken last Fall, , a 6x7 that I helped a friend take last Fall, a 357 3/8" 6x6 I helped my best buddy take in 2010 and the Shiras I helped him take in Idaho on a OIL hunt. All were backpacked out of the backcountry from 1 1/2 to 3 miles from our camps! I don't just talk the talk!!!
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Handgun kill video-2011-trip-105.jpg   Handgun kill video-2011-trip-083.jpg  

Handgun kill video-2010-trip-087.jpg   Handgun kill video-47b7ce24b3127cce98548b7cc0e700000027100eyuwrfw1bmv.jpg  

Old 02-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Silver Member

The name of this thread is "Handgun kill video", not "Why I Hate Tikkamike".

This thread has nothing to do with your history with Mike.

I've watched the video several times and still don't see a problem with it. If you don't like it, that's fine. Just don't post immature, demeaning comments; it's unnecessary.

If you really do have a problem with the video, send me a pm. That way, we can sort it out in private and this thread won't be cluttered with a bunch of bologna.