Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

Handgun kill video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member

Handgun kill video

This video is a few years old but we just uploaded it so here it is.
Mike's First Handgun Kill - YouTube

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 01-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Handgun kill video

Great shot on a monster doe! Did you use the truck window or truck hood you're standing by to steady that big pistola, LOL!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:17 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
Great shot on a monster doe! Did you use the truck window or truck hood you're standing by to steady that big pistola, LOL!
First of all, I find your 'monster doe' comment demeaning. We're going to try filming our buck hunts in the future, but quite frankly, does are much easier.

Second of all, he didn't use the window or the hood as a rest. Good try though. Can you think of anything else to nit-pick about?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Platinum Member

You Basin boys really have to back each other up don't you, LOL! Yep, it was demeaning, just like shooting that animal while standing at the vehicle. Real hunters, LOL! I'm glad you at least made a correct statement about does being easier. I guess so when one allows you to drive up in a PU and get out to shoot it like that video showed. Then you're dumb enough to put it out on youtube for all the world to see---not too smart!!! Haven't you wondered why nobody has come on this thread out of all the views it's had with anything positive to say about that video? I suggest you both go back to the drawing board and don't post anything if you don't want to know others opinions of your methods that might differ from yours!!! I really think you should change your name to "Team Behind The Eight Ball"!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member

Topgun, I am not going to sit here and argue with you. I feel its unfair and unbecoming of me to argue with someone who is intellectually unarmed such as yourself. So consider this the end of the debate. You don't like me, I don't like you enough said. We are not children. That being said here are the facts: I shot the antelope off hand, standing next to the truck, I was wearing orange and I had a tag. Perfectly legal. End Of Story!

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 02-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
You Basin boys really have to back each other up don't you, LOL! Yep, it was demeaning, just like shooting that animal while standing at the vehicle. Real hunters, LOL! I'm glad you at least made a correct statement about does being easier. I guess so when one allows you to drive up in a PU and get out to shoot it like that video showed. Then you're dumb enough to put it out on youtube for all the world to see---not too smart!!! Haven't you wondered why nobody has come on this thread out of all the views it's had with anything positive to say about that video? I suggest you both go back to the drawing board and don't post anything if you don't want to know others opinions of your methods that might differ from yours!!! I really think you should change your name to "Team Behind The Eight Ball"!
Did he break a law?

Isn't it part of this forums rules to not jump on people based on your definition of ethics?

This is why its been a month since I stopped in...
Old 02-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member

Intellectually unarmed, LOL! I'll repeat again and maybe you'll eventually get the message. 119 views on this thread that YOU started and not ONE positive comment to you or about the video. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out buddy!!! Like I said before, go back to the drawing board and quit shooting stuff out of your PU or right next to your vehicle. It isn't hunting and it's not helping your standing on this site when you put crap like that out on youtube for everyone to see!!! So you carry a big azz handgun! Maybe the size of it is making up for some other shortcoming, LOL!!!

Zuba---How do I know whether he broke a law on this particular one? That's why I asked the question in that short post. I have no idea if he's on a highway or in a farmer's field. I do know that he and his buddy have openly stated on this website that they violate the law shooting coyotes from their vehicle while on the highway and think nothing of it! That isn't jumping on someone for a difference in ethics. It's stating that the two of them are self admitted violators of the law and I'll speak out every time when it involves my passion of hunting. Sorry if you don't agree!!!