Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

First time wyoming antelope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 06:02 PM

First time wyoming antelope

New to the site. Looks like there is alot of valuable info on here. Looking for some info on an antelope hunt in 2013.

Several questions any info greatly appreciated.

Myself and a buddy are going to apply as a party. No PP any of us. Not looking to shoot a trophy by any means, be very happy with a average buck and does. What units hold the best odds for us to get drawn for a rifle hunt. Also plan on camping not so sure what the rules and regs are for Wyoming.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Silver Member

Re: First time wyoming antelope

The Wyo.game and fish web site will give you draw odds by area and all the regulations. Some areas have limited public access,so decide if you are willing to pay access fees or hunt only public. Any certian part of the state you have in mind? G&F site can give alot of info.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:32 AM
Silver Member

PM sent
Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Bronze Member

You still have time to get a point until the end of september. Odds change year to year and a point may make the difference of drawing in 2013.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:02 PM

Thanks for the replies. We will each be buying a PP for the 2013 season. We would like to hunt public land as we are by no means trophy hunting our first time out. Any info on some certain units that have a decent amount of accessible land would be appreciated. Looking to stay in the eastern half of the state from what i have read so far.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Platinum Member

Buy your PP before September 30th and you have more than enough time before the 3/15 application date next year to do YOUR homework. You have obviously not done much so far on your own other than type one post. Others here will tell you that I will bend over backwards to help anyone, BUT they need to do some work themselves before I'm going out of my way from now on for people that come on a site and haven't even given a serious look at the G&F website for the state they want to hunt! Most questions can be answered right there if you take an hour or two and do some serious reading and perusing of the site to include draw odds, season dates, WIHA and HMA properties, as well as just to look at the unit numbers themselves and they will have an asterisk if there is difficult public acccess.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:19 PM

Again, I'd like to take the time to thank those of you who have been kind enough to leave helpful info and comments. As for the last poster, perhaps I caught you on a bad day? By no means am I asking anyone to bend over backwards and go out of their way to give me the absolute ins and outs on planning a hunt out West. I HAVE been doing my homework...and will continue to do so; as we all know these things take time and effort. However, I just would like to take the time to clarify that it's nice to have the opportunity like this to ask some seasoned guys their honest opinions as far as "do's" and "don'ts" are concerned - after all, isn't that exactly what the purpose of forums are last I checked?

In the mean time, best of luck to the rest of you who are planning their next trip, also. I still look forward to those of you who take the time to pass on a little bit of knowledge. Much appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------