Re: First Antelope Hunt a Success

Nice rifle.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoElk2Hunt View Post
Nice rifle.
Thanks, it has really extended my long range shooting. I was shooting a 300 weatherby accumark that I never could really get to shoot that well and never felt comfortable shooting past 500 yds with it. Sold it and two other guns to fund this rifle and have taken this one out to 1400 yds and it held MOA or better. Sure is nice knowing when I don't shoot a good group that it is because of shooter error or the reloads. It makes shooting long range a whole lot more enjoyable.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:33 PM

That's unfortunate that after twelve years u come to find out that the unit had poors numbers of animals. I know that Oregon is not known for its lopes but how were the numbers when ur friend hunted?
Old 08-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00buck View Post
That's unfortunate that after twelve years u come to find out that the unit had poors numbers of animals. I know that Oregon is not known for its lopes but how were the numbers when ur friend hunted?
He hunted them 10-12 years ago and said there seemed to be a lot more before... I don't plan on hunting for antelope again in Oregon. I was putting in for Hart Mountain but that takes two decades to draw a tag. My father has been trying to go there for 19 years and still waiting... I was not interested in waiting another 8+ years to go, so I am going to start putting in for Wyoming.
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter can not be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” - Jeff Cooper