Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

Another "Newbie to speed goats" thread!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Another "Newbie to speed goats" thread!

Yep your grandfathered in....Check the regs but I believe its 1963 and after that have to have hunter safty cards. Remember to sign your conservation stamp.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Platinum Member

I was in the same scenario last year for hunters safety. I re-took the class from when I was 12 years old. It took 1 day plus some reading beforehand, and I aced the test.

Your local shooting range or fish & game office should have information for local hunters safety courses.

If a WY warden stops you, he'll probably check your hunters safety, blaze orange, rifle caliber, tags and conservation stamp.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachV View Post
Yep your grandfathered in....Check the regs but I believe its 1963 and after that have to have hunter safty cards. Remember to sign your conservation stamp.
Thanks MachV!!!

I was pretty sure I was "good to go", but wanted to be sure. Don't want trouble with a warden 1500 miles from home!

Signed my "conservation stamp" as soon as I printed it! God bless computers....I can buy licenses, tags and all that stuff for almost any state from right here in Ct! And my thanks to all the states that have short term non res licenses!!! Makes "traveling" hunting affordable!

I guess there are SOME advantages to all these gray hairs!!!

I'm all fired up about this! Can hardly sit still!

God willing, I get a buck, I'm going to have it mounted.....just to remember my first "traveling" big game hunt!

Thanks again guys!

Best.....2few
Old 07-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Am I crazy or are those DC tags on your truck?
I'm from the gov't and here to help you! Need your company bailed out? Need stimulus money? How's your health, need any insurance?
Are there any WMDs in Conneticutt, we'll bomb the sh1t out of you?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Bronze Member

Hey Buff....

You're my kind of fella!!!!! You can bomb this state into the stone age any time you want! Just give me a few hours notice so I can get home to Virginia, OK?????

Lived down there for 23 years. If I can ever "retire", I know where I am headed!

If you don't much mind, you can keep your health insurance!!! I try to stay healthy, and if I need an operation, I have a hunting knife and bottle of whiskey!

Best....2few