Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

22 Cal's legal in WYO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 22 Cal's legal in WYO

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
fair enough ,,you do it your way and i will do it mine...i prefer the head shot, and you take the vitals with a 22-250 anyway.
I'm not about to pass up a good solid head shot at close range, but if there is anything that may make the shot iffy I whack em behind the shoulder, either way won and done!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 02-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun 30-06 View Post
anybody who espouses a head shot on any big game animal over a heart/lung or shoulder shot is full of chit! There, now are ya happy? And don't tell me how great you can shoot a target that doesn't stand a chance of moving like the head of an animal at any time before the bullet gets to that little target!
heart /lung or shoulder shots for me with a larger cal. No problem.
I did not say iam a great shot you did. I said i will wait for the
perfect head shot and wnen the time is right i shot.every animal gives a stone cold standing shoot if you are patient enough to wait and can stay focused on the target. And yes i do miss every now and then ,but at that point i just move on ..oh and if it was a bad shot i didnt wound the animal.. You may be surprised at how many guys shot animals in the head at any distance ..it,s a real challenge ,and keeps you focused..
Old 02-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Platinum Member

Ah, so now you're a clairvoyant and definitely know that animal isn't going to move it's head, LOL! You can stick your "focus" where the sun don't shine as you are not what I would call an ethical hunter to spout what you are!!! You came back in that post and said exactly what I said not to because a miss to the brain IS NOT ALWAYS A MISS like you have now stated twice! It's people like you that post chit like that that give most ethical hunters a real pain in the azz and some animals a miserable, lingering death!!!

Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 02-11-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
ah, so now you're a clairvoyant and definitely know that animal isn't going to move it's head, lol! You can stick your "focus" where the sun don't shine as you are not what i would call an ethical hunter to spout what you are!!! You came back in that post and said exactly what i said not to because a miss to the brain is not always a miss like you have now stated twice! It's people like you that post chit like that that give most ethical hunters a real pain in the azz and some animals a miserable, lingering death!!!
here is my final answer to you sunshine ..you are trying to show off and make a name for yourself and it is clear to me you do not understand or havent heard a word i said ..and you are a bit on the nasty side..here is a little test for you to try. Go out to 500 yards and hang a grapefruit on a string ,,,a apple on a string ,,,and a golf ball on a string ...when you can hit all 3 of them at that distance you will be able to do the 500 yard head shot...not sure it will work for you because of your lack of patience,your nasty attitude, and clearly your lack of respect for other members that have there own point of view. ,,even with that said i wish you happy hunting and shooting
Old 02-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Platinum Member

Not showing off or making a name for myself, thank you! However, I'll tell you again to stick it where the sun don't shine because I understand every friggin word you've said!!! I'll shoot with you all day any day at TARGETS at any distance that DON"T move, but in no way will I shoot at a small target that a brain shot presents that might MOVE at any time because it's IRRESPONSIBLE and unethical and you most certainly fit in that category!!! This is nine shots with a .243 Sako Mr. Smartazz, 8 covered with a dime, and I won't tell you the distance because you won't believe it anyway!!! PS: I respect the animal I hunt and could care less about respecting you or anyone else with your wrong thinking. I wonder how many head shots you've attempted where the animal ran off with a broken jaw and you just went on to the next one "because it was a miss"!
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
22 Cal's legal in WYO-001.jpg  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
not showing off or making a name for myself, thank you! However, i'll tell you again to stick it where the sun don't shine because i understand every friggin word you've said!!! I'll shoot with you all day any day at targets at any distance that don"t move, but in no way will i shoot at a small target that a brain shot presents that might move at any time because it's irresponsible and unethical and you most certainly fit in that category!!! This is nine shots with a .243 sako mr. Smartazz, 8 covered with a dime, and i won't tell you the distance because you won't believe it anyway!!! Ps: I respect the animal i hunt and could care less about respecting you or anyone else with your wrong thinking. I wonder how many head shots you've attempted where the animal ran off with a broken jaw and you just went on to the next one "because it was a miss"!
targets are easy to hit they dont move ,,but then again i or we dont shot at moving animals at that distance we wait for the perfect shot .i have never hit one in the jaw ,,its normaly just behind the ear.
I will say that is a nice group ,,no mater what the distance. If you respect the animal as you say ,,then you shot them wherver you wish
and i and others like me will do it our way. A clean miss is better than a gut shot ,,any day.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member

How in the he** can you say or do you know that you never hit one in the jaw when it runs away and leaves no blood trail? Answer---No way in he** do you know that it was a miss in those circumstances when it doesn't drop at the shot and that's why you're full of it!!! Go away please and don't come back with more BS trying to tell me that you routinely take those kind of shots and that it hasn't happened!